Tylers Just Desserts Grow - Black Cherry, Gelato and Cookies!

@Syndrix & @CurrDogg420 - Thx - I have to say I’m quite happy with my membership purchase.
For the grand I spent I’m at $6.75 per bean with this order with more to come!
I won’t even get to try all these flavors before the next drop - even if it doesn’t come till next year!

The cuts in the cup are super big and all 3 have at least one node under the water. I eyeball the cup several times a day and it’s out of the tent now, though honestly it might evaporate faster in the garage than the tent. I suppose I could leave them in the tent until I flip this weekend. When I transplanted the clones I’m about to flower in the 4x4 now I used the Azos root stimulator stuff, the white stuff, so I used that in the cup in the beginning. Well the white stuff is all caked around the end of the stalks. They seem to be drinking fine somehow and I guess as long as they look good I’m not gonna worry about it.
It’s not like I need another plant anyway, but I like the way that Dark Phoenix is growing in the tent so I think it would be awesome on the deck.
The little set of emerging leaves on the XXX cube I put in a cup yesterday has doubled in size overnight so I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing the roots at the cup walls soon.
I’d be happy with those 2 outside this summer. With my parade of autos!

4 Likes

I know my method works just fine, but I began to doubt after 2 attempts with "freebies’ that failed.
Just confirms what I’ve always kinda thought about the “freebies”. They’re old seeds or come from a batch with known issues that’s they’d have to replace if sold anyway so why not just give them away as a “premium”.
It’s only a premium if it actually grows peeps! :rofl:

Less than 24 hrs in the baggie…

I’m gonna have to scrounge around for a decent soil to fill a cup as it’s cleaning day and by the time Christy leaves my go to for Mother Earth will be closed.
I will be heading over tomorrow for some fluffy goodness!
And after I’m finished at Dunkin’ I’ll go get some soil!

:laughing: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

One of my Jack Herer freebies were a disappointment! I think you nailed it on the head. They are “freebies” for a reason lol.

3 Likes

Hey guys - forgot to mention this yesterday - I have used all kinds of methods to get good trich pics and we all know those microscopes will give you a great picture - IF you can get it stable enough.
I’ve been looking for a Gimbal mount for the tripod or an independent unit or something to assist with getting into the tent good enough to see all the buds. A tripod isn’t the most flexible thing to use for this purpose.
At any rate, for 10 bucks I’ll give this a try - Woot! is an Amazon company and should be allowed as it has in the past.

I’m hoping it’ll come in handy near harvest.
The cheapest ones I could find prior to this are upwards of 30 bucks - mostly more!

Wish me luck - and I gotta stay away from Woot! :rofl:

3 Likes

That thing sprouted fast! Nice!

1 Like

Well it’s been a busy couple of days around here.
A bunch of real life crap and a major defol in The Thunderdome.
I will be flipping Sunday night and start the count…

Roots showing on my first XXX clone. She will go outside.

The yellowish girls are both XXX the other clone is an Original Crescendo X Grandpas Stash and the “empty” cup is my Ethos Citradelic Sunset. She was showing a little green earlier. The stem is about to unfold and bring the plant out of the cup. She should be up later tonight.
She’s also in a coco based cactus soil. I was flat out of Mother Earth and didn’t make it across town before she had to go into a cup.
I did make it over yesterday and picked up the last bag they had on the shelf. She’ll be bagged in ME when the time comes.
All the clones in cups were showing tips so I went for it. Mykos, Jacks and 'Crobes for the water-in.

Now this beast…

Everyone had just gotten the aforementioned mix and got to enjoy the garage for quite a while!

Greenhouse Seeds Dark Phoenix -

Ethos Original CrescendO X Grandpas Stash -

Ethos Apex -

2am…

The next day…well, later that same day I guess… :laughing:

Ethos Lilac Diesel -

Ethos XXX -

Ethos Member Berry -

The Black Cherry and Green Gelato clones were trimmed back to just a few potential sites each.

They’re literally as tall as the other girls in there. But they’ve had no training just allowed to stretch for flowering.

Over the course of the next 3-4 weeks I’ll be keeping a close eye on the remaining smaller shoots to see which seem to be the best growers and removing others that are lagging.
At the next defol the hammer will drop on any stragglers.
No plans to run a monstercrop SoG - no where to do one! LOL!

I’ll let these two grows finish and in the meantime will be figuring out how I’m gonna proceed from there.
ATM I’m kinda leaning toward a single plant SCRoG in The Romper Room and taking clones from that plant for a larger SoG in The Thunderdome.
Since I’m still on the search for my favorite weeds I’m not too worried about keeping a mom right now. Of course if something comes along in the interim I can always change that plan! LOL!

I also grabbed my nuts and weighed out an OZ of my Super Skunk clone haul and am currently infusing it in refined coconut oil in the Instant Pot for making some gummies later tonight.
I plan to follow this thread -

2 questions for you experienced guys - I didn’t realize till a little while ago I didn’t order any potassium sorbate. Now that’s a preservative/shelf stabilizer. Is there any harm in making it without it?
I don’t imagine they’ll be sticking around too awful long…
Also - is there any issues with using sunflower lecithin as opposed to the soy lecithin the recipe calls for?

I’m thinking I’m safe on both accounts but any thoughts would be interesting to hear.
What’s the worst that could happen?
I drink a bowl of super thick jello?
That actually sounds kinda nice! :laughing:

I got watermelon and I can’t decide whether to add the citric acid or not. How is sour watermelon? LOL!

Gonna bean interesting night to say the least!

Man that was a lot of wok in that tent!
I’ve got a 5g bucket full of fans and so many clone-worthy shoots it ain’t even funny! :cry:

And tonight we order a pizza and relax! LOL!

Happy Growing Everyone!!!

5 Likes

Well, no gummies yet - LOL!

Sunrise for the Sunset…

And too funny!
Woot! right on time! :laughing:

That’s $50 off the Amazon price on the FX. I didn’t check the Nova.

2 Likes

You made that oil? Nice work!

2 Likes

Nova was recently discontinued. I love my FX, and that is a great price.

3 Likes

Yup - in the Instant Pot! LOL!
I used the Emily Kyle Nutrition site method. TBH I’m not sure if there is another method that uses a IP but this was so easy it wasn’t even funny!
Literally all the time I spent was weighing out an OZ and breaking it up some to go in the jar! The rest was punching some buttons and then going to finish trimming the ladies!
According to the site it’s shelf stable for months but I’ll be making some gummies tonight with probably half of it.
i don’t think it looks bad for a first ever attempt honestly.
I’ll see what it does - if anything. Of the edibles I’ve had none of them have ever blown me away honestly. I just have so much weed around I figured I’d try my hand.
Hell, I’ve still got a QP Grove bag stuffed with at least 8-10 oz that I haven’t even opened yet
And enough larf to make POUNDS of treats!
Gonna be a good Halloween!!

4 Likes

Double the mg amount until you get what you want :v: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well unless I send weed out to have it tested for a % of THC it’s all a crap shoot anyway!
I’ll just approach them like any other drug I’ve ever tried - slowly at first then head first if it doesn’t immediately kill me!

3 Likes

Ya know - i was reviewing my post last night and I happened to notice the tags in the bags and it seems they went into the 3g bags on the 10th of last month. Now granted they were late because of all the crap changes I went trough but that’s really just 5 weeks in the big bags and they’re kinda huge!
Currently the lights come on at 11am and off at 5am. After this post I’m gonna time shift them one more time by adding 4hrs. So on at 3pm and off at 9am.
I’ll give them a couple of days to settle into the new schedule then the flip.I’ll be taking everything off the top so I’ll have them coming on at 8pm and running til 9am for my 13hrs.
I’ve seen a pretty big increase in temps during the afternoons back there the last couple of days when we’ve hit the mid 70s -low 80s. And taking into consideration when the flowering will finish up it’ll be even hotter so this should help a lot.
By the time the lights are coming on it’ll be cooling off outside and will only get cooler from there on out.
I took the 4" Spider Farmer exhaust fan and have it currently blowing air just through a mesh vent but I’m gonna get some ducting so I can run it into the tent and hopefully find a way to kinda attach it to the door frame going into the mud/laundry room. If I can get it high up enough it’ll be right in front of the mini-split.
That would be an immense help.

That took a lot of words to write. My brain hurts.

Everyone took their beating well and most are showing a flush of fresh growth.
Also have a little more room to breath with the ton of shoots I took.

Pretty sure I see the smallest root at the side of the cup on the new XXX cube I planted.
Still watching the Cres/GPS and Dark Phoenix cuts.
I put a dome over the Citradelic Sunset this evening. It’s pretty dry out there and she needs to get moving.
I’m actually considering putting her in one of the larger pots outside with last seasons FFHF leftovers. It should be pretty clean having been rinsed quite a few times this winter and spring.
I might still do a bag with Mother Earth. I’ve got a few days to decide.

On a side note - I’m not what you’d call a religious man. but I’ll admit that some “church” music can be as catchy as the next tune.
This has always been one of my favorites and finally a decent recording pf the original live broadcast has surfaced…I hope it doesn’t break my “no religion” rule.
It’s just common sense things everyone knows, just happens to be sung in a church…

Seriously - if you’ve never seen it, and you want to laugh so damn hard you lose your breath and feel like you’re about to die, get stoned and watch ANY episode of The Squidbillies.
Doesn’t matter which one. One of the funniest, best shows to ever air on Adult Swim.
It and The Boondocks were a cut above most of the other stupid stuff on there years ago.
I have no clue what’s on there anymore. I might have to get back into it soon.
But seriously - get HBOMax or whoever else may stream it and watch them.
They are so damn funny!

Happy Growing Everyone!!!

And watch out for the locusts!

3 Likes

Used to watch that show, haven’t in a long time, I lived where it was based out of, northern Georgia lol.

1 Like

But Georgia Mud Squids are totally real, right?

:laughing: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

They r huge man. U r killing it great job

2 Likes

Need to check run off in the 2x4 - all those girls are yellowing.
Stretch is over and they’re bulking up some now. If I can get them straight I might experiment with Emerson for a week or two and see what it do!.
Need to thin them out.
Might just do a plain rainwater mini flush and then switch back to standard Jacks mix. They really look more hungry than anything to me but hopefully the numbers will tell the tale.

Thunderdome looking good and will have her first 13/11 day tomorrow.
Those girls are smelling pretty dank and the laundry room smells great!

Took these Dark Phoenix cuts 2 or 3 weeks agoo - I don’t remember - and just stuck them in a cup with some of the Azos tea and just kept refilling with whatever mix I was giving that wasn’t loaded with microbes since then.
These kinda look like the starts of some roots and I’m tired of messing with this cup - it is nasty!
Oh yeah - no protocols at all on this experiment in cloning. They’ve been in the same cup since day 1 and it’s never been cleaned out or anything. It’s kinda slimy at the bottom in fact! LOL!
At any rate I decided to put them into cups in some ME C/P and water them in with Jack and 'crobes.
Haven’t cut the first leaf although I did cut 2 lower shoots when I cupped them. I figure if they eat off the leaves it might help support them until they root. These are still some nice, branchy cuts. They’ll make spectacular plants if they survive the process…

That’s my little Ethos auto. She does not like that cactus soil. I’m tempted to attempt a transplant but she’s looking pretty good today, so maybe she’s catching hold.
I did water her very well in the proper range, so hopefully that helped.
The XXX and CrescendO X GPS are still in cups but spent the last 2 days outside.
I’ll be prepping their pots this weekend and dropping them in.

Wish I had some pics - but I don’t.

happy Growing Everyone!!!

4 Likes

I wasn’t able to watch my roots develop in my clones since they were in starter cubes lol, so 8 have no idea what the start of roots looks like lol

I’ve got to get these new buckets in this tent sometime this weekend.

3 Likes

They start out as little white bumps but I didn’t want to touch them - my one protocol LOL - for fear of f’n them up. They’re definitely turning towards the light after going into the cups, so there’s plenty of life left it seems. Whats the worst that could happen?
I dump the dirt back into the bag or another pot in a few weeks and toss a fried stem?
I can live with that! LOL!
Not gonna keep them anyway, a buddy wants to grow but he’s in a townhouse with a roommate and has no space for a grow indoors or out, but he is near the city’s bike trail system which is actually a pretty good spot for a guerilla grow. The main trail runs along a nice wide creek and has many tributaries along the way. Most people don’t wander too far from the trail, although it was a popular area for geocaching years ago. It’s pretty forested But lots of dead falls through the years have left some nice openings in the canopy. We’re gonna take them down there one afternoon and find some spots. There’s utility easements through there so I know all kinds of discrete entry points for stealth. Plus the fringes of a couple of those easements might prove promising. :smile:

Green Gelato -

Black Cherry Punch -

Ethos Cookies R3 -

Their color is for shit!
Not thinking it’s lockout but can there be an excess of 'crobes?
I’m starting to think Jacks isn’t supplying enough nitrogen for the growth rate I’m getting. 22 days ago, at the flip, they were a little pale, but much greener and they took off growing vigorously. With the adjustment for the MKP I’m just not sure they were getting enough N and are just eating themselves to death.
I’ll figure it out soon enough. I’m going back to regular mix and dropping MKP and 'crobes next feed and I’ll be testing the run off.
Them buckets are looking better and better man! Your plants look so nice and green compared to mine. Had to believe they’re genetically identical! :laughing:

Gonna try to get some cleaning done tonight so theres less places to feed and I can concentrate on the better tips.

The Hungry Blimp Shot -

The red on the Cookies is odd too. Neither of the others have it and the BCP is supposed to be prone to red coloring! :rofl:
Not too worried - got plenty more on deck. And soon out on the deck!
OH - I’ll get you a snap of the GSCE today. She wants to flower but keeps growing too much! LOL!
Just letting her go natural and she’s over 2ft I’d say!
She’s looking great but no smell yet!

Get them buckets together brother!!

HGE!!!

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I think it’s just phenotype expression. I have a plant that’s doing that to me right now too but is otherwise entirely healthy. Been that way more or less since flower began.

3 Likes