Tx hill country growing

So this is week 6 so as of Saturday I’m cutting off all nutrients and will run only ph water I have a flushing agent but I really think letting them pull in any of the last nutrients would be a good idea. I plan on watering the crap out of them twice next week and one time on the 8th week which at that point I will only be waiting for them to tell me that they are ready.

Should I run the final flush or water? I have done it both ways and not really noticed any difference.

Kicking around the idea of building a 2 plant hydro unit and try my hand with a couple of clones side by side with 2 in soil and see what’s shakin. I will use the same nutes and same age clones lights ect.

It’s break time dug the trench for the incoming electrical line built and installed 200 mile range antenna as well as wire the room for cable. Really like that the antenna picks up the fm too. Will be able to rock out to some Austin radio stations!!! Put up a little more insulation but the overhead work is what appears to be killing my back. Lol.

Break is over got to backfill this run before the rain comes in tonight. Might even try to put up some more batts this evening after the girls get their dinner.

1 Like

All the chores are done and the girls are fed. I am going to work on getting all of the insulation up except for the ends because I’m not sure how, it’s built kinda weird so I need to make some type of tack strips that I can use to secure the edges of drywall and a crossmember to match up with the rest. Cut a hole in the gable for exhaust stub in exhaust and cap it off. If I can get half of that done tomorrow I would consider it a success.

My idea for the exhaust port for the room
The inside portion

The outside portion

The plan is to bond the adapter to the inner grill trim out the transition to fit a piece of 8 inch pvc which I will seal to the adapter and secure in the walls with plumbers tape. Then I will insulate the rest of the cavity seal in plastic and it’s drywall time. Wow I got a lot to do…

Walls insulated ceiling 98 percent insulated. Still have more work on the room but the tents are dialed in. Just finished feeding the 4x4. They will be finishing up week 6 on Saturday. The bush in the middle didn’t work as well as I thought it would but it was my first try at fiming and tying down. I have two others that I fimed and didn’t tie down and they look rather well. Here are some pictures of the girls.

The second picture is the bushy one that I think could have been better

I do have to say that for this being my 3rd grow I am showing signs of improvement lol

2 Likes

Okay I’m 2 days into week 7. I have stopped the nutrients and started trimming off all yellowing and dead leaves and am giving it some extra sugars for this week alone and will cut back to just water by Thursday and then I will start to let it dry out over the last 4 to 7 days.

I don’t understand why I always have one that seems to finish strange every grow. Maybe I just need more light lol

2 Likes

Finishing up week 7 tomorrow. I’m starting to remove any and all leaves that are yellow and or dead. I have one in the back right corner that just looks fried but I have had one of those every grow so far. They are still packing on some weight and my humidity has been drastically low. Last night it was 34% and 74degrees. I had just watered 4 hours before I took the reading. I’m starting to get a lot more hopeful about this grow and can’t wait to get it over and done with. Then I can focus on the flower cycle of my other garden

I’m this garden I have 5 AK47 just finishing up the 2nd week of flower.

My plan is to utilize the equipment from this grow to improve all the conditions of the AK47 garden. I will double the lighting and a intake fan and also will have double ducting for the ac and dehumidification.

If all goes well I will revamp the 4x4 as a veg tent and buy new lighting and a intake and exhaust fan for it.

1 Like

So in anticipation of the coming summer I have used the morning to construct a 8 x 8 backyard garden. I put it on the end of my room that gets beat with sun. I put a 4x8 sheet of lattice up for the vines and stuff to climb in hopes that it would help shade that hot south Texas sun from my grow room!!!

1 Like

Will be adding another sheet of lattice up very soon

1 Like

Today we begin 48 dark hours!!! I’m getting really excited seeing these colas swell up… I will post up some pictures this afternoon when I get home.

1 Like

As promised

All 5 plants

1 Like

Lights are pulled out and ready for transfer to the other tent. Will pull the exhaust after they have dried. If I get more than 4 oz I will be ecstatic as I have only pulled 4 oz from my other 2 tries.

1 Like

So 48 hours has come and gone

The wet trim is complete

1 Like

I will be cutting the branches down and hanging them individually this afternoon in hopes to get them dried and ready to cure sooner than later. @Breezy I got them across the finish line!!! These are the biggest by far!!

2 Likes

Super stoked for you! Congrats! What’s next?

2 Likes

I may have vegged my GDP to long haha!! A little over 2 weeks in flower. If they stretch much more i’m gonna be in trouble :man_facepalming:

I’m gonna put things on hold for a month or so. In order to get this room finished. I still have 5 AK47’s that are a little over a month from harvest. The next round will be white widow and I am planning to fim one and tie it down in the 4x4 and grow 4 others in the other.

1 Like

Your stretch look about the same as what I still have. I’m struggling with exactly what to trim. I trimmed the bottom 1/3rd last night but I left all the leaves as big as my hand. Is that right? This might be a contributing factor to my previous mite issues.

I remove all leaves the size of my hand. Also anything with a long stalk. I want as much light as possible. there’s no right or wrong way to do it though!

1 Like

Ok going off your super cropping recommendation I’m gonna go for it… not right now right now but later on tonight

1 Like

Not sure if your following my GDP thread but i just posted before and after photos on f the trim.

1 Like