Tx hill country growing

Hello I am just wondering if there is anyone around my area that might be able to help me with the all too well known South Texas heat. The property that I am on has a 6x12 greenhouse with a center peak of about 7ft. Also have 2 tents and one is about to have the AK47 that was laid down 2 weeks ago.

Thank you for reading and happy growing

1 Like

Not sure what end of TX you are talking about east is hot and muggy west is hot desert dry

1 Like

I am more south in the middle north of San Antonio and south of Austin.

1 Like

So that’s the middle where you have mixed some month dry and others are humid and no real winter? Am I right or can you tell me so I can try to help. Then the tents are they in the house?

High 90s to 105 may Thur aug. humidity is high enough to eat. Only a handful of nights in the 30’s spread out through nov thru feb the days range from 80s to 50s during those months. I have had 2 semi successful indoor grows and I flowered 1 girl out in the greenhouse at the end of summer but had to add secondary lighting. I’m currently trying to convert a new shed on the property. I run a small heater at night to keep it between 65 & 70. I’m also running the lights at night to keep the temp swings as minimal as possible. However with may coming up quickly I need to do something and fast. I’m starting to dry run the electrical and then I plan on 1.5 inch styrofoam foil covered insulation. Keeping a 1.75 inch air gap between the walls and insulation. I have heating and ac but I have to seal up the shed. Inside the shed I have 2 tents a 4x4x7 and a 4x8x6. I’m only using the 4x4 currently. Will fire up the 4x8 when the ak47 is ready to go in.

1 Like

The humidity is the big one but airflow is the key for inside your tents. For a shed type building you have the right idea with insulation and lots of it. I would add a good sized dehumidifier to help your AC out especially during flower but other than that it sounds like you have it under control. As long as you can keep the shed temperature in check the tents will be just good exhaust and intake fans to keep replacing the air in them

1 Like

I’m in Austin area. I’ll pray for you haha! It’s hot here in the summer.

1 Like

@Breezy I’m right down the road just south of New Braunfels. I did a grow in the garage towards the end of last summer and I barely made it. Struggled to keep temps under 85 even running an ac. Made the whole damn house smell magnificent if you ask me but my wife strongly disagrees lol. My second attempt was in a upstairs bathroom and it went rather well. Unfortunately I don’t have an extra room in the house anymore but I do have a very solid well constructed 12 x 16 shed. It’s working great for the winter but you know. Hopefully I get it all insulated before the summer time hits.

@MeEasy the unit that I have to do the heat and ac is a portable unit on wheels. If you want heat you turn it around and it blows the cold out and ■■■■ versa for cold. It also has a dehumidification feature and I will say it did work well on my 2nd grow. I was thinking about one exhaust in the high point of the ceiling with a large inline carbon filter. Possibly 2 smaller dryer type vents down low hooked up to maybe 4 inch fans for fresh air intake if needed they could be ported into each tent.

Does “fresh air” have higher co2? I’m assuming so and would like to also have the option to cut the heat and ac when temperatures allow for it.

1 Like