Two questions, please help

Question from a fellow grower:

#1, I used this soil Pro-Mix Organics - I was trying to find the soil that doesn’t do extended feeding, but after looking at it, it says (feeds for 3 months) - do you think I should transplant my plants?

Soil: (https://www.walmart.com/ip/PRO-MIX-Organic-Vegetable-Herb-Mix-with-MYCOACTIVE-2cu-ft-Loose-Fill/179188922?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6895&adid=22222222227082482429&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=200825521398&wl4=pla-329855659092&wl5=9018948&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117015111&wl11=online&wl12=179188922&wl13=&veh=sem)

#2, I have seedlings and I have a plant that is about 18 inches tall - I only have one grow room - how do you do flowering when you have plants at two or 3 different stages? Should I just veg the older ones until the younger ones are ready? That might mean 4 months of veg for the largest one. Do people generally have tents (I have the room for two or three tents.)

As to the first question, ProMix is a reputable brand for weed-growing, but they do make some soils that are designed for other stuff. The 'Organics" part makes me think it would be ok, but watch your plants closely. I think the ‘3-month’ thing may be talking about the micronutrients and stuff. Fox Farms is another favorite ‘weed-dirt’ company, but they also make some versions that are not good for younger plants.

For lighting, the easiest would be to wait until the youngest plant is ready to flower, then flip all at the same time. If you want both flower and veg going at the same time, you will need 2 different lights/tents whatever. It is beneficial yield-wise for them to veg longer anyway, so lean towards that than flipping the youngsters early (before 4-5 weeks)

4 Likes

Oh, and I believe they officially hit the “vegetative” stage once their 2nd set of true leaves open. So for me, that is when I ‘start the clock’ for ‘week 1’ I personally don’t count the first single-leaf after the cotyledon, but that is just to err on the side of caution. Again, it never hurts for them to veg longer. So my “week 1” plant might be a week 2 plant to someone else.

2 Likes

@Whodat66

I was working on this post when I saw a red flag go up and went and took care of that guy. But when I came back to this post I saw that you had this person taken care of. Awesome cause I was going to say the same thing. thumb

3 Likes

Then check mine out and help me LOL just tagged you :wink:

AND…THIS IS WHY…it’s a good idea to grow the same strain. Mixing strains means different growth rates.
Making growing more complicated than necessary.
Always plant a few more than you actually expect to grow. Not all will be healthy Ladies.

Good Luck

1 Like

I use that same soil and have no problems at all with it and i use my nutrients at half strength i add blood meal and bone meal to it with some worm casting.

You want promix Bx or HP
I use the bx my self
The Hp is the same as the bx just has extra perilite
The organic has nutrients in it
I want to say @Hogmaster has ises the same stuff you did once as well and just didnt feed it until flower maybe he can chime in
Join us here so we can help guide you

1 Like

I used it just like the bx it was just a little later in veg when I had to feed

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all of the help!

What did you look for to know when to feed? My larger plant has just the faintest smallest white colored tips (right at the point) on maybe the top half of the leaves. I am not home right now so I can’t take a picture. I wondered if I was starving her of some nutrient, but didn’t want to add anything for fear of over doing it.

@willmike welcome yo the forum when you get home if you can post a picture that would be best
Here a basic support ticket
if you can answer these questions so we can help guide you if you dont know letbis know that too :wink:
Just make sure you ph to 6.3-6.8 when you water

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

• Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
  • Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
  • System type?
  • PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
  • What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system, size?
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for all of the help! The soil is the bomb.

I have a question for you on my AK-47 plant, on two of the bigger leaves there is a portion that is discolored, it looks like it is powdery, but there isn’t anything on the leaf. Hopefully you can tell by this picture - if it is some disease, I don’t want it to spread to my other plants.

Indoor grow, tent, LED lights, 79 degrees, 48% humidity
Day time temp around 84, humidity less than 50%
Ventilation system through a 6inch inline carbon filter
12/12 Flowering
Nutes - Bergman, only 1.5 grams / gallon of water less than 40% what is recommended
CO2 bag
Ph = 6.7

Can you post a photo without the blurple?