Twisted sisters. Enlightened by cubes

Damn. I hope not :v:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Found a 100% neem oil concentrate makes 50L, nearest and best thing I can find locally, purchasing in the morning and administer before work :crossed_fingers: hopefully it works and I have noticed the effects in time?!?

4 Likes

Good luck brother.:+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

When I treated my bugs. I still saw them for three or four days. It said only apply every seven days if needed. It seems like a really good spray down and patience may be all you need. I hope it works.

5 Likes

Thanks my friends, appreciate your positive vibes. These little fu@kers ain’t killin my babies, don’t mess with my love, or you shall feel my wrath!
One of my favourite quotes “It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war”… Art of War.
So it begins… Day 1

10 Likes

Good luck with the battle. Wish I could help. I’ll be watching and learning to see how to battle those little bastards.

4 Likes

Before buying anything to treat something you should verify what it is that you need to deal with.
Have you seen any insects running around let alone any spider mites?
I’m sure the art of war had something relating to this concern.
If you do verify that there are spider mites present there are many…many…many…many products available and Neem is ok but I wouldn’t treat for anything until I verified what it was.
Nature develops problems slowly and you should not take the knee jerk reaction but evaluate things to make the best decision based on the facts at that time.

Want to read some info on battling spider mites?

I still have them and am reusing my old soil and pots doing no till grow and I am now using predatory mites to keep them under control.

7 Likes

Just be aware there is pyrethrum and pyrythrin and they will affect plants differently. I am not sure if i spelled them correctly but just be aware of that

4 Likes

Please kindly read up the thread, :arrow_up:
I’ve already decided to go with neem oil, seems safest and best option (unless anyone can provide me with more conclusive evidence?)…

I kindly thank @shindig153 for his prognosis and am about to wage analytical, diabolical and genocidal war against these SUM’BITCHES!
Gratitude :v:

7 Likes

Because of the leaf curl? Ok your call.
Watched the video and I do not agree with his diagnosis as all new growth looks like that mites or not.
Have you seen them? I have and I do every day and I wouldn’t based on that conclude mites as the cause.
Just look for them and if they are there you will see them.
Put a tent stake in the soil preferable black but even a popsicle stick will do as they like to climb up and it’s easy to see motion on those and that will help to spot them.
Seriously you wanna know they are really there and not guess.
It won’t harm your plants treating with Neem if done the right way.
Wish you were near me because I have Neem oil I would give you lol.
Neem meal/cake is a great soil additive to use as when the plants uptake it into their matrix it does dissuade bugs from eating them…bad taste etc for them

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice, @Skydiver I appreciate it. No rushing, as you said, neem if administered correctly won’t harm anything, that’s what I’m aiming for, not disrupting the rhizosphere. If you have a better solution, by all means please enlighten me? I’m open to all knowledge? I haven’t had time to read your link, cause I been workin all day, but I’ll get on it first thing. :v:

4 Likes

I have not dealt with anything other than gnats, that being said I tried neem, no luck, I tried h2o2, no luck, so I used sevin dust spray, the same kind I use on my veggies and fruits, and I was still in veg so I wasn’t to worried about using the pesticide, but it killed them and I didnt see them again the rest of that grow.

5 Likes

@Enlightened420…well shoot…I hope you get it figured out. We will prevail!!..sending good vibes your way😎

6 Likes

I would also verify it is a pest issue first too before treating with neem oil. It is stinky :wink:

7 Likes

Not going to rush in, upon reflection and some wise words, I will take my time and methodically elimate possibilities.
Thanks for the input everyone :v:

7 Likes

Thankyou for tagging me in on the conversation, but I have to knock on wood, in the last couple years I have been growing inside I have not had problems with those mites, Winter here seems to make all bugs disappear and the summer though it is bug city. I did one time put 7 pots outside my house on the porch and when I went to move them they had millions of these little red teenie tiny spiders all over them and a trail going down under my deck, I got super powerful bug spray and killed them all, and disposed of the pots in the back of my 11 acres ! maybe because the house is up on piers, I don’t know, and I never go in the tents after I have been outside, I even cook my soil in my house. I hope I never have that problem as I have read many posts of people having mites and the major problem of getting rid of them. gnat nix and Mesqito bits and those yellow sticky pads work well on gnats. I hang bug strips in my grow room, living room and kitchen too to catch anything flying in the summer. Hope you get rid of them all ! :space_invader:

5 Likes

I have been closely monitoring, there is bug activity, but no sign of any tracks underneath leaves, it is watering day.
I strictly stick to a watering schedule, through previous lessons learned.
500ml each every 2nd day - ilgm.
When I watered this morning (the Sisters always droop) the GL did not droop this morning.

Choc

GL

Curious…

9 Likes

Definitely strange but your on top of it so no worries :wink:

4 Likes

She may be a little more thirsty than than the others. Are you getting the same amount of runoff off all the plants?

3 Likes