Twins - but so different

These two have been given all of the identical conditions. Why are they so different?

3 Likes

Boils down to two different phenotypes.

1 Like

Phenotypes, one is expressing recessive alleles or traits and the other is expressing dominant alleles and traits

3 Likes

That happens being most, not all seeds but most are hybrids.

1 Like

Depends on how they are bred this form of breeding is not true breeding hence you have variations in the plants offspring, hybrids are formed from cross pollination with 2 different strains, when you breed and lock down specific traits with no variations what so ever this is known as true breedingpotency, also true breeding creates stabilized strains or “pure” strains

When a plant shows different expressions its not because they are hybrids. They express variations through genes and alleles, some are dominant genes and alleles while others are recessive genes and alleles. Genes and alleles are the majority of how plants present themselves to us, color, shape, size, leaf patterns, bud structure, smell, taste, and even potency

3 Likes

After the harvest…
These two Green Crack sprouts are/were my first grow.
The difference between these two plants remained the lopsided same for weeks and weeks.
Ultimately the smaller one surpassed the other in strength, size and production.
So, I guess my concerns were premature.
Thanks for the conversation.