Twelve1’s Journal: Autoflowers in Soil with Grow Dots

All I can say is…

5 Likes

“Everybody Plant Now!” :notes: :musical_keyboard: :guitar: :musical_note:

Marina’s buds are coming along. Overnight, I had the lid on the bud container a bit too loose, so this morning the hygrometers read lower-than-ideal RHs. I then covered the container tightly, and a short bit ago the hygrometers read 67 and 69, thankfully, and I left the lid off for a few minutes before covering again.

Yesterday, for my upcoming plants, I filled a 3-gallon pot (my first 3-gallon! LOL) with soil and added Grow Dots. I already had a 2-gallon pot prepped for my other upcoming plant, also using Grow Dots. Here’s a pic of the pot size comparisons, they are the same brand. Obviously, the 3-gallon pot is taller than wide, and just a tiny amount wider than the 2-gallon pot.

The 3-gallon will be a Grandaddy Purple auto, and the 2-gallon will be a CBD auto. They don’t have names yet. :sob: :grin:

I like that this brand (iPower) of grow bags has the 3-gallon in the taller pot, but I find that this brand’s extra-extra handle reinforcements to be in the way (pictured), they are large pieces of material, so I trim it a small amount.

Before being trimmed: (There’s no after pic, sorry. :laughing:) (The reinforcements on the 2-gallons are even larger.)

Yes, my heart beats and circulates blood. :vampire: I think my phone’s flash was on overdrive. :dotted_line_face:

Today, I tidied and cleaned the grow area and removed the seeds from the fridge. :grinning:

I’m thinking that I’ll likely keep the grows in this thread (instead of making a new journal), which seems to be the norm, i.e. that growers’ journals include their multiple grows. So, I’ll then have this thread renamed.

7 Likes

Sounds exactly like what Dracula would say to convince me he’s human. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m with you, that’s some vampire looking sh!t. :woman_vampire:t2: :bat: :man_vampire:t2: :bat: :vampire:t2:

5 Likes

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks”

6 Likes

Wife picked these up for me last night at work, will add them to my tent later. Lol

8 Likes

You have to hand it to her… Great gift!

:smile_cat:

5 Likes

Hey! I thought FRIDAY was dad joke day…

5 Likes

Don’t go and point the finger at anyone… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

7 Likes

No bones about it!

3 Likes

Sweet! Looks like she bought them at the Scythe Store, aka Walmart. I look forward to seeing them in your grow tent.

4 Likes

You nailed it!

2 Likes

It shouldn’t surprise you guys that I’m new to gardening, veggie included. Nearly 1.5 years ago, I was gifted a chive plant. While they are pretty hardy, I’m amazed that it’s still alive - it’s lived through temperatures from 10F-100F, snow, extreme dryness, extreme rain, no added nutes or soil, AND it’s been in a small metal pot with no drainage (the way it was given to me). It flowered last summer, but only sputtered a couple tiny flowers early this summer. I don’t hold that against her, lol, my bad for neglecting her.

So last night, I re-purposed Marina’s pot and remaining soil. My husband helped me transplant it, and today I gave it a thorough watering, a trim, and a turn towards the sun. I understand that cannabis soil and the remaining Grow Dots likely aren’t optimal for chives, but I’m curious to see how it does. Next spring, I’ll re-evaluate and also probably start my own.

(You guys probably know that the dark color on the grow bag is staining from Recharge.)

Here is the metal, peeling, non-draining pot this chive has been in:

6 Likes

So! I was at Walmart today, and I bought a 5 ft skeleton - $35, not bad. He was tied up in a neat package, arms and legs bent up so that he was pretty much a rectangle of bones with a skull on it. I stuck him in the cart.

Once I got to the register, I had a bunch of other stuff. I left boney boy in the cart with my case of soda, and wheeled it around the side so the cashier could scan.

She screamed her head off. I could not stop laughing - poor woman. I put boney in the front seat and seat belted him in place.

Then I leave, and the exit from the shopping center was blocked by a really bad accident. Si I decide to go through the McD’s drive through - and forgot about boney boy.

Well, naturally - the cashier screamed!

I think he’s staying where he is until I’m ready to decorate. Driving around with him is a lot of fun!

6 Likes

@Fiz That is Epic!
And yes, @Twelve1 the wife got them at Walmart. Lol

3 Likes

That’s hilarious, Fiz! Congrats on the “new family member”! :joy: Yeah, they are fun! I drove Ossi home in the front seat, belted, but it was uneventful.

Here are my smaller ones, as I was waiting in line to “adopt” them a couple years ago. They were really happy to get a home and family! :upside_down_face: :grin:

4 Likes

Some of us are a little slow on the uptake sometimes. I just now learned this, and I’m going to go smack myself around a bit.

Because me, I’m all like, what is THIS odd fungus growing here?

3 Likes

It’s time for Marina’s buds to

https://media.giphy.com/media/fAv2n4Tlhshig/giphy-downsized.gif

Sweating before Groving:

8 Likes

Just in case anyone missed it, the paper bags on the table, one sleeved over the other, is part of the sweating process that Grove Bags recommends before curing. I neglected to specify that in my prior post.

My CBD seed showed a tail later this afternoon, so into the soil she went! :partying_face: The GDP still just looks like a plain ol’ seed, lol. I started their soak at 12:30pm yesterday. I’ll check the GDP later this evening.

While these seeds aren’t ILGM genetics, I like that ILGM’s germination instructions are clear and straightforward, without the paper towel method that I’ve been too chicken to try:

3 Likes