Twelve1’s Journal: Autoflowers in Soil with Grow Dots

Everything’s coming along just great! And good luck on that third time’s the charm seed.

2 Likes

Petie the Sour D is coming along well, albeit on the shorter side, but is healthy and “eager”, haha. Day 27 since sprouting, day 2 of flower:

Sammi the GDP continues to dry. Today I’ll trim off some leaves and see if she’s dry enough for the tub containers that I use for a couple days or so before final trimming, weighing, and Grove bagging.

The Durban Poison seed #3 hasn’t come up yet, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t. I again followed Garden of Green’s germination instructions (and the warmth and soil moisture have been good); after 70 hours of soaking (they say soak up to 72 hours), I finally planted the seed (on Monday) … it hadn’t sunk or opened, and of course there was no root/tail, necessitating an earlier planting.

Update: Curiosity got the best of me, so just now after two days of being in the soil, I very gently poked to see if there was anything going on with the seed. Nope, it’s totally intact, so it appears to be another dud. I had bought 3 seeds and then they had the BOGO, so I still have 3 seeds left, but I need to think about what I want to do next.

7 Likes

Petie looks good. Sorry to here about the dud seed. After 3 seeds being duds, I dont know if I could buy from them again unless they took care of the situation. I hope Sammi gave good results.

2 Likes

Right? It’s a 5-6 day time investment with every germination attempt, so I’ve already spent 15-18 days trying to get one of their Durban Poisons going, LOL. Do I want to spend a possible month on this? Petie is from their sister company, Expert Seeds; lil’ lady Pete sprang right into action, but maybe I have a dud batch of Durban seeds.

Along with the Durban order, I also have Garden of Green’s Super Lemon Haze autos (as well as a couple other sativas from other breeders that I want to grow) that I want to try before too long, but darnit, I’m really jonesing to try DP. :hot_face: :joy:

:+1: I love what I tried so far.

3 Likes

You know what your gonna do, so soak another seed!! LMAO

3 Likes

Ha! And the irresponsible thing to do would be to attempt germination on the remaining 3 seeds all at once, and then have them all sprout and grow … and then I’d need another light and … :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

3 Likes

You know if you do that they will all grow. This is so much like my Blueberry Glue problem, two never did anything so I got disgusted and planted two at the same time, and of course ended up with Jiggly and Psy.

Andddddd if you need a new light you know what I’d say. :wink:

1 Like

Oh my, that’s right! :smile: And essentially from the same seed bank, haha!

:100:
:rofl:

1 Like

Happy Friday the 13th! :partying_face:

Since I also wanted to grow Green Crack and I had scored two freebies from NASC last St. Patty’s Day, I soaked one yesterday early afternoon, and this morning it was “cracked” with a tiny tail sticking out.

Now, that’s more like it! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:
I planted her in her final home, into a 2-gallon grow bag.

Her breeder is unknown, since apparently it was one of NASC’s “white label”. From what I’ve read, Green Crack is a heavier feeder, but I think that I’ll stick with the medium/heavy rate of Grow Dots.

I’ll officially name her when she makes an appearance above soil.

Sammi the GDP is trimmed; today, I’ll weigh and bag her. :tada:

4 Likes

Well happy birthday to the new baby, and I’m curious to see how Sammi weighed out.

5 Likes

I’ve heard good reviews about green crack. I need to find some to try. Supposed to be a get things done buzz so I hear. I’m sitting on my butt drinking coffee so maybe I need some!

4 Likes

Me, too. She’s the biggest auto I’ve grown, and yet some of the mid/lower buds weren’t too tight. I’m trying to make sure that my plants have a more even canopy!

Same.

Ha! Yeah, I’ll find out too, and I still want to try Durban Poison, but someday, LOL. The white label autos I mentioned are still available on nasc, starting at $20 for a 3-pack. I just saw that they have this new “dollar treez seed menu”, with a few different auto strains at $5 each, and a couple/few fems for $2 each, some of them from known breeders. Do a search of “white label” on their website. I scored two free lilac diesel x zweet auto at last year’s 420 sale (now only $5 each on their new “menu” and apparently from ethos) that I’ll be trying before too long, but I wanted to try a basic sour diesel first.

5 Likes

Yes it is! :star_struck:

This one too. And also Bruce Banner…

Actually if you do a search on high THCv strains, you’ll find a lot of great day time strains imo. :thinking:

5 Likes

Thanks! I just looked at a few lists - DP made every one of them, lol. Some day! :rofl:

:smiley:

3 Likes

Meet Crackie the Green Crack! Yeah, I know, not too creative on the name, but I like it, lol. She started coming up last evening (Saturday), after only starting her seed soak Thursday afternoon. Take that, dud durban seeds!

Her little leaves are dark (inner area), I assume that’s fine, we all know that seedlings are often weird. I’ll assume it’s OK, and I think it looks cool. That, and the earring she’s sporting.

(I’ve mentioned before that the peat soil that I like to use for the area around seeds/seedlings looks dark if it’s moist at all, including from misting, so the soil isn’t too wet.)

This morning:

Sammi the GDP weighed at 118.80 grams = 4.24 ounces! I’m very pleased with that, my biggest haul yet. It helped that GDP is generally very productive (my understanding) and that I used a larger pot with her, a 3-gallon as opposed to my usual 2-gallon pot that I prefer. Undoubtedly, her yield would have been more had I kept an even canopy.

Petie the Sour D is chugging along. Speaking of an even canopy, she is very near that point where I want to ensure that the top two colas are under control. I’m still not comfortable bending over an entire plant, and Petie is beyond at that point anyway, so I’ll do other methods.

Petie is starting to get a scent, it’s mostly nondescript, and often I don’t realize it until I leave the grow room and smell a weed scent that’s lingering in my nose. :slight_smile: Day 31 from sprouting, day 6 of flower:

11 Likes

Well! First, happy birthday to Crackie! I’m wondering if she’s going to have purple leaves. Guess time will tell. Second - wtg on Sammi, nice yield! Petie is looking good too, super healthy.

Hat trick this morning.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah, what I’m wondering, so time will tell. :grinning:

2 Likes

I remember when Puffy was first blooming and I’m like why are the bottoms of the flowers black? I thought those two were sick, which didn’t really make sense.

Still the darkest purple weed I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Purple Puffy was/is gorgeous!

There’s a Purple Crack strain, but this freebie wasn’t billed as such; in fact, it was a St. Patty’s thing for having “green” in it’s name haha, which I mentioned. Will be interesting and fun if Crackie is a purple pheno.

3 Likes

HA! That Cracks me up!

4 Likes