Twelve1’s Journal: Autoflowers in Soil with Grow Dots

Report back! :star_struck:

Well, that’s rotten and stinky, literally. lol My curiosity got the best of me, so a short bit ago I poked around the seed, gently, and could see that it hadn’t put out a root, mostly. It had indeed cracked, as I saw when I planted it on Saturday, and a tiny root had started to come out, it seems, but that was it. And, it was a bit stinky, yuck.

I tossed it, thoroughly washed my hands, got out another Durban Poison seed, a clean small mason jar, peroxide (a couple drops), and now have another DP seed soaking. Tomorrow, I’ll prepare a new nursery bag and fresh medium.

The soil was just moist, as I hadn’t wet the soil since last Friday. I had a baggie over the nursery bag and seedling cup, and I lightly misted the top of it a couple times a day to keep the top from drying out. I kept it warm, in the mid/upper 70s, and under the light.

Welp, onto #2 with the DP!

3 Likes

Sammi earlier today. Day 62 from sprout, day 29 of flower:

This evening, after a 23-hour soak, I dropped the new DP seed into the soil that’s in the small nursery bag, that’s inside the seedling cup, that’s inside the coffee mug, that’s on the ceramic bowl. Phew! :crazy_face: :grin:

I forgot to mention yesterday, for what it’s worth, :joy: , that in the last two years of growing, Sammi is only plant #9, lol. For the most part, I’ve only grown one plant at a time, and often I haven’t grown continuously. I have the two lights now, and I hope to always have something growing, maybe with the exception of a couple weeks or so in the summer, maybe, depending … . :sweat_smile:

Have a fun and safe holiday season!

8 Likes

Last night, I bagged Rosie. While I managed a slow dry on her, I could have bagged her a day earlier, but early yesterday she seemed at that point for her sweating, which I only did for half a day.

After some drying, her buds weren’t as dense as I had hoped they were, but that’s fine. And it dropped my expectation on the yield, LOL, so now I’m happy that after her final trim she weighed in at 41.6 grams/1.49 oz.

Sammi is progressing well. She’s building her buds and getting more orange pistils.

It looks like the Durban Poison auto seed #2 is also a no-go. While the seeds might be the problem, I think that the changes in germination that I’ve experimented with haven’t helped. So, I think that I’ll go back to how I was doing things. The seeds are from Garden of Green.

6 Likes

That’s a shame about the Durban Poison seeds. Third time should be the charm, if my Blueberry Glue twins are anything to go by. :wink:

3 Likes

What I was thinking. :smile:

I recall you having a rough start with those, but I don’t remember the details … so, the first two Blueberry Glues didn’t germinate?

Has Odie again discovered “another dog” in the mirror? That was funny, and then his precious face looking so happy over at you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

No, he hasn’t - he won’t stay in my room since! He’ll come up for a cookie and then whine to go downstairs. He’s a hot mess and the cutest little guy ever.

Yes, the BBG twins were the third and fourth seeds - I did two b/c 1 and 2 had failed, so of course both of them grew.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But of course. LOL. I’ll do one DP seed (at a time, :joy:, just in case) though, since in a couple weeks I want to get a Sour Diesel going, also. The SD is from Expert Seeds, so … :thinking: :game_die:

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t vouch for them. All I can say is they sent me tons of extras (10 for the price of 3!) so I don’t get to gripe.

2 Likes

Well then, maybe I get to gripe. :rofl: SD has been on my wish list, and on Thanksgiving I put a 3-pack of SD in the Expert Seeds cart. They usually have the BOGO, plus they were having 25% off. I left the cart be there, and then a bit later I received an email later encouraging me to check out. They had thrown in another 3-pack. Cool. Another bit later, I refreshed my cart and saw they had thrown in yet another 3-pack. Cool. And T-giving dinner was just about ready, so eff it, I had to go and I was good to pay for 3 Sour Diesel seeds and get 12. Or so I thought. When they arrived, only 6 seeds were in the package. I let it be, that was the original deal, and I didn’t get back to them, even though at the time I took screenshots of my cart and order page. Maybe it was an honest mistake, I don’t know, I’ll just try to grow what I can.

2 Likes

I had ordered at the 3 for 3 sale, but by the time I entered the order apparently they had upped the game. I was happily surprised.

1 Like

Agreed. Hate no shows.

You can say that again! :wink: :grin:

1 Like

Weed shadows! Lights out is at 4:30pm, and so the sun shines in the grow room just before it sets. Yesterday, day 68 from sprout, day 35 of flower:

Last night, I took Rosie out for spin in my new convection vape, using some of this bud piece. Wins on both!

I’m still testing the vape (Planet of the Vapes XMAX V3 Pro Vaporizer), so I experimented for tasties at temperatures of 356, 366, 376, 386, and 396. AND whether or not it would be harsh. NOT harsh, even at 396! :grinning: I like convection! Even my husband, who is sensitive to harshness, was sucking on that vape like he was doing bong hits, and he’s never done bong hits. :rofl: Didn’t matter that I told him that vaping is supposed to be like “sippping”. :joy:

Rosie’s taste, especially at 356 and some at 366, of course, was pine and berry. :yum:

Effects: Being my first CBD vape experience, I wasn’t sure how it would be. I did vape a lot, as you might have guessed, :upside_down_face: , so I had a very nice body buzz going on, more than I expected. At only .5% THC, of course there was no mental high, sleepiness, or even heavy eyelids. I was able to get ready for bed without fighting the urge to stare into space.

Today or so, I’ll decarb some. I’ve eaten some raw Rosie, mainly some calyxes and sugar leaves while trimming - she’s got lots of cannabinoids in her, which gave me a good, long-lasting body buzz, even eaten raw.

I look forward to growing more Rosies!

8 Likes

Very nice! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!

:man_dancing:

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Just LOOK at that glitter queen! I’m drooling over here.

2 Likes

Why Fiz, I had no idea, but … you’re right! :drooling_face: :hot_face: :rofl: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes