Twelve1’s Journal: Autoflowers in Soil with Grow Dots

Well that was quick! For grins and a reference point, I looked at Rosie’s trichomes this morning only to see that they are mostly cloudy! Since she still has some white pistils, that sorta through me off. I want to harvest at peak cannabinoid level or not much after, so I don’t want amber, at least only a minimal amount.

I poked around the forum, and another member offered this video on when to harvest CBD plants that looked familiar - turns out that I had saved it in my favorites, probably about a year ago, lol. Anyway, the video answered my question about my plant still having some white pistils, as it seems that often is the case when harvesting CBD plants at peak cannabinoid levels. Here is the video in case anyone is interested.

BTW, Rosie’s CBD stain is 17% CBD with only .5% THC, so there is virtually no THC that would be racy and in need of mellowing with more amber. I did see a couple amber on the sugar leaves, as well as a couple clears on the buds, but mostly cloudy. So, looks like I’ll be harvesting her soon, maybe even within the week, I’ll keep on eye on her trichomes. :grinning:

4 Likes

Rosie the CBD, looking about ready for a Thanksgiving harvest. Day 58 from sprout, day 30 of flower:

Sammi the GDP, filling in her colas. Day 51 from sprout, day 18 of flower:

8 Likes

I love those glitterbomb pictures! They both look great and Sammi is stacking nicely. Gonna be a good winter where you are! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

:+1:

:joy:

3 Likes

I LOVE the chicken in the background! Too dang funny.

2 Likes

I plan to harvest Rosie in a couple-ish days. She’s only on day 60 from sprout and day 32 from flower. However, that’s what the trichomes are saying. @Graysin a few months ago you said that your experience of timetables with RQS was fairly accurate, and that’s my experience with Rosie. RQS states:

That’s Rosie, and it’s cool that it only takes two months. I’m looking forward to growing more of them.

At Rosie’s last watering this morning:

Sunshine shot yesterday:

Sammi the GDP’s buds are developing and getting frosty. Day 53 from sprout, day 20 of flower:

Buddage around her middle and lower parts, pics below. Many of her lower branches developed side branches that became very tall, it’s a little jungle in there:

Also this weekend, I plan to get a new seed started, a Durban Poison auto. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Beautiful shots!! Loving the purple!!!

2 Likes

The color contrast on the CBD plant is insane! Very nice.

2 Likes

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving today, and doggone they look good. Rosie is just gawjus. Love some purple weed!

2 Likes

Thanks. Today wasn’t so bad, haha, but MIL and dad have dementia, so it’s sad to not be able to fully connect, both are generally happy, though. Hope your Thanksgiving was also good and free of Sally scents. This evening, I took Rosie out of the grow room.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to spend time in trim jail tomorrow, that Wedryer is fast.

Oh well, at least I’m going to the hand surgeon tomorrow. Cortisone shots should fix me up for a bit.

My Thanksgiving was awesome, had my one daughter, husband and my older granddaughter; and my husband’s son, wife and two teenage kids. I did all the cooking so I’m exhausted, but Odie even more so since my stepson sat with my princess and played with Odie with her. She was scared of Odie b/c he barked when she met him first time.

She ended up throwing the tennis ball for him probably 100 times. He is totally zonked!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’ve read. Rosie will be easy to trim, Sammi probably not, lol. All the best at the hand surgeon appt. Are you on ig, I signed up for that yesterday.

3 Likes

Yes I am! You can find me through our mutual friend. I suspect I see you there but well yanno. Don’t want to scare anyone who doesn’t already know me!

3 Likes

I just saw your other Thanksgiving comments. Good for your for cooking so much, but sorry that you are exhausted, understandably. LOL with Odie being zonked.

OK, I’ll poke around to find you. I have the same name, written twice. LOL about scaring people. :grin:

3 Likes

Mine is very similar. I’m pretty new there too and don’t really look over there much.

2 Likes

Ok, I gotcha!

Presses the Easy Button

2 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

Hey some things have to be sometimes.

It’s a good exhausted, I made a few things that were “first time” - the veggies and the salad. Bacon may have played a role in both so how can you lose? And all was well received, which I love.

Plus leftovers. Even a whole pumpkin pie.

4 Likes

We had half of a pumpkin cheesecake leftover. Guess what my breakfast was? Gotta have beta carotene, after all. I did save some for hubby and MIL.

Today, I hung Rosie and started a 24 hour seed soak. Plus, I put some soil into a small nursery bag. I had almost ordered some that were a tad bigger, but they were to take a long time to arrive. I think these small ones might be OK for their intended purpose of germination and the first couple days of a seedling’s life? @Graysin

I do have small hands, so they are a bit smaller than how they appear. :joy:

4 Likes

Sure she’ll tell you once she gets here, but if you’re keeping them in there less than a week I’d say that should be no problem.

3 Likes