Turning 2oz of fluff bud into oil

Great day at work

Yeah cause he forgot all about going to work!!!

1 Like

Dang… me too… on the like I gave to the post right after yours!!! LOL!!

Here’s what I got from all that. Minus the small dish I cooked down last night. Never weighed it before so who knows

6 Likes

No more of those bowl toppers. Picked myself up a dab pen yesterday. Works like a champ

itit’s got dual quartz coils. And storage for wax in bottom

2 Likes

Hell ya way better then atop a bowl

Hits like a champ. Should have come with a warning: Make first hit small or you will puke. Just sayin

2 Likes

I got to go to lowes cant find my shoe anywhere

Hell yeah! That’s the way uh huh I like it…

Uh huh uh huh

1 Like

Out of curiosity , how come you don’t use 99.9 percent iso propyl alcohol ? That’s what we use over her it’s like 4 dollars a bottle lol. that way there is only 0.01 percent impurities . I never heard of using 75 percent alcohol before.not judging , just curious.

I’m pretty sure the impurity is just 25 percent water . But that 25 percent has a higher boiling point, and can take higher temps to evaporate. This usually causes burning.

Just read some things like you have to "be positive " you have the isopropyl alcohol out as it has carcinogenic properties. I’m pretty sure that is what it said. plus I’ve done both 99.9 isopropyl and 151 vodka. I think the 151 has a better taste

Creating the iso has some carcinogenic vapors ,but not the actual iso itself. That’s why they can use it in the medical industry. There is no actual classification as a carcinogenic fluid to humans in its final form at all , if I’m not mistaken.The reason they use it in the extract industry is because of its purity . Drinking alcohol can actually be more dangerous because even though it’s supposed to be high ethanol and the rest distilled water there is always a chance of 1 or 2 percent of something else that doesn’t get stilled out by the makers since each one has there own recipe and technique. And for decarbing. You usually don’t have to because the cooking off of the alcohol usually does 70 percent of more of it , and the smoking of it does the rest . Even if you cook it into food, that cooking with finish it . Weed decarbs at very low temps it just takes a lot longer . I’m new to growing weed , but been making oil for about 20 years lol.

Thanks for the info. Not sure where I think I read that. But honestly, I have used isopropyl more than ethanol. I have just recently started into the vapor infusion. Do you have any tips for that please?

That’s new to me as I don’t vape. I made a lot of iso honey oil and butane oil . I can make pretty pure product but making into vape juice is out of my area lol. I heard people just take the nice pure oil they make and mix it with 0 nicotine vape juice but that’s just through the grape vine so I wouldn’t want to push you in the wrong direction .the trick to good iso honey oil is don’t leave it to long in the iso, as it gets to much chlorophyll and turns green . You can use sun to remove the chlorophyll but from what I hear , the sun can degrade your product. It’s one of those things with not much evidence behind it ,but I’d rather not risk it. And when you get really low in your cook ,keep throwing your product in the fridge to let it hit room temp and check its thickness. Oil is like cookies . Always take them out a tiny bit early and let its own heat finish the last bit .then smear it around and fold it to release any trapped vapour.

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie didn’t you make some vape juice?

1 Like

I tried a direct VG infusion it didn’t work very well and tasted horrible lol. Now I’m pressing everything into wax. From there I can either dab it or make it into vape liquid with wax liquidizer or one of the others similar. I haven’t got one that tastes like true distillate but it does ok. I’m about to order one that comes with terpenes of your choice from peak supply to try it that way. If I can ever decide which terpenes to choose. :grin::rofl:

@MT3 has made it with iso or something similar to make oil then turn that into vape liquid.

I’ve used the wax liquidizor with decent results. Not sure if it’s my cheap vape machine or what but can’t get a good hit off it. I know that the oil I make with isopropyl and ethanol has been on point. Haven’t had any complaints. You are absolutely correct on the isopropyl having to be a quick wash. I accidentally washed too long once and end product was green and harsh

Great info HornHead. Gonna try it

I think I’ve finally found a good recipe for making THC e-juice, and the right kind of cartridges to get decent enough clouds and longevity.

First, I got away from things like Farm to Vape and went back to terpene-based thinners. I invested some money in True Terpenes “Viscosity” product and some of their terpene products. The recipe they suggest looks like this:

1g Rosin
.07ml Viscosity
.07ml Terps

I found that to be a little too viscous and it required pre-heating to get good hits. So I changed it up to this:

1g Rosin
.1ml Viscosity
.07ml Terps

This maintains the flavor profile I like but makes it just thin enough to not require pre-heating to get decent hits.

On the cartridge side, basically wickless ceramic carts are necessary. Anything else I’ve tried burns out pretty quick in my (limited) experience.

I have so far been re-using a Transpring A10 cartridge for a little over a week. I have filled it three times with stuff I made myself and have been really enjoying it.

I did end up buying a cheap pipette so I could measure out .07ml properly. Heh.

3 Likes