Turning 2oz of fluff bud into oil

@Jbum here you go buddy. I just picked up a 1/5 of 151 vodka. Gonna turn all this into oil. I’ve never declarbed before but read something about it

Its easily 3 oz of fluff bud

4 Likes

Dude that’s awesome I’m stoked to see the results! Thanks for the tag bro!

1 Like

Keep everything in the freezer. The colder the better. Even between stages freeze everything. Doesn’t take much time for the THC to dissolve in the 151. Less than a minute even 30 seconds for each wash(2x)

4 Likes

Details please, I have a fluffer nugger growing right now that needs a chance to please me

1 Like

Got the 151 in freezer now. Have never declarbed before though. Is it truly necessary?

Depends on what you use the oil for? If you are putting it in a heated wick vaporizer not so much but if you are using it in edibles that are not cooked yes.

1 Like

No edibles. Just vape and topper on bowls. Thanks buddy. My house is a stinkin and the ole lady is madder than a smoked out ground hog

8 Likes

Some of the vaporizers that “oven” bake the weed work really well too. You should try that out. I have a V2 Series 7 that works great, but they went out of business.

1 Like

Haha that’s funny! Wait till the toppers start rolling!

1 Like

Now, that kinda dumbfounded me. Last harvest I done same thing but with iso, I threw some in a capsule to eat and got coooooked. Now after I do the wash, I put in a pyrex glass and boil alcohol off. Is that same as decarb?

Maybe you decarbed at(after) the time of evaporation. It won’t do that until all of the iso/etoh is evaporated but any temp above 225-250F will decarb pretty quickly in concentrated form.

1 Like

I decarb my rso at the end. I do it in the oven for making canna coconut oil though and it works well.

2 Likes

My own preference is to dry ice sift keif instead. Highly concentrated to vape and can easily be converted to hash or dab or even vaporizer by dissolving trich’s into VG.

Trying to filter the ethanol bud mix is a PIA. Used coffee filters but if it’s really fine and there’s a lot of THC it plugs the paper and drains really slowly.

1 Like

For all you folks keeping score at home. That’s 64 grams of decent, very dry bud I’m about to soak. Most I’ve done at one time. I may only cook half off now in a quick wash and let the rest soak until I am ready for more. I do quick wash because I only want the tricomes washed off. 8f I leave soak, I believe the effect will be different

Just for size reference

1 Like

You ain’t shittin. I thought it was really fine plant matter I couldn’t see slowing it down

Ever used a Storz & Bickel “Mighty”? That’s what I have for dry herb, and there are options for using the same chamber for concentrates, etc.

Love it! But I have nothing to compare it to…

1 Like

Man, them toppers will set you back. I got my dug-out bat I pack and put a little dab on top. I get home from work and it’s a wrap

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @MattyBear is there a way to change title of thread. I should have weighed before I posted

Should have said this at the beginning. When straining the wash, us unbleached coffee filters. The brown ones

What do you want the title changed to?