Trying to go into flower

So I’d like to flip the switch and have my lady’s go into flower but I’m worried about purple stems. Been 2 weeks and I can’t seem to get rid of them. What deficiency is this? I’m reading mixed answers. Thank you for your time

4 Likes

Purple stems In my personal opinion have more to do with genetics than a deficiency and from the picture they look healthy. I would do some defoliation prior to flipping based off of what this one picture and what I can see.

4 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with your plant

3 Likes

Yes definitely going to clean up the bottoms. I just didn’t want to put them through any more stress if they were having some nutrient deficiencies. Been having some problems with calcium deficiencies for the last few weeks. Finally got that cleared up! This is what they look like in the tent. Running out of room. It’s going to be a close one. LOL20201110_125153|666x500

Also in my veg tent I found one of my babies with some shiny stuff on its Leaf. At first I thought it was powdery mold. But it does not wipe off and it’s not powdery . Its shiny. I do have a bit of a gnat

problem. Could it be from the gnats

1 Like

Is that back soil or it’s just dampen?

2 Likes

I would check the bottom side of the leaves for bug eggs . Use a magnifier to see as they will be small . Could be thrips . I know gnats like wet soil so maybe let them dry up some before your next watering .

3 Likes

Watered yesterday. But they’re also in black plastic pots

Pretty sure I can see one culprit if you zoom in on this spot. I could be high but looks like a tiny caterpillar or bug of some sort.

Eating on the edge of that other leaf

2 Likes

I had the problem taken care of and then somehow they came from my living room from the house plants and now I got infestation again. I just put out stickems. Luckily they haven’t made it to the flower tent. Which is kind of weird since there are only two feet apart. LOL. I have let the soil dry out for the most part between waterings. But I had a couple of clones that I haven’t transplanted yet still in their cup with water and the gnats are surrounding those clones.

2 Likes

Gnats larve live in the soil and I think they feed on fungi in the soil and the roots . I’ve had good results using a top dressing called Gnat Nix . There are some good videos on line on how they use it . Check it out . I use it on the house plants she brings home too .

3 Likes

I’ll check when I get home. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I do appreciate it. I got to get the fly tape back in the tents. I will pull out the glasses tonight and the high power flashlight and see what I can find. Thank you again for everybody’s help

2 Likes