Trying to dial this in

I have a Cal Mag deficiency but Ive been watering with it everyday, how long until those leaves turn deep green. Ive been using Roots Organic per the directions 5ml per gallon. Used 2.5ml for a half gallon and watered the first day, watered again 2 days after. Not sure what Im doing or not doing.

1 Like

First impressions is they look root bound and either heat stressed or over watered. Fill out a support ticket so we can have some more info

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

3 Likes

They definitely look stressed beyond a cal/mag problem. If you’re watering every day, they’re probably over watered. Especially in those plastic pots. Are you checking the soil before you water?

2 Likes

Strain- Hawaiian Snow; Type - Sativa
Soil in pots,
System type? LED?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Dont have a ph meter and cant find one locally.
What is strength of nutrient mix? 5ml/gal of water
Indoor
Light system, size? SF4000
Temps; Day 77-86 Night 77
Humidity-Day 60-75% Night N/A
Ventilation system- Yes, Cloudline T4
Humidifier
Co2 - No
@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie - I’ve been watering every 2-3 days and foliar cal-mag every day, also could they really be rootbound 13 days after 1st transplant?

Are you checking the soil/weight of the pots before you water? It’s possible they could be root bound. Did they have big root balls when you transplanted them?

I mean they were transplanted from Solos and yea the rootball filled most of the bottom. And TBH as of lately no just every 2-3 days with cal-mag bubbled water.

Unfortunately Not knowing your ph is going to complicate any trouble shooting. Try sliding one of them out of the pot and see what the root ball looks like. Grab a pic of you can.

@Watt-Sun They’ve reached the bottom. I have 10 gallon fabric pots they can be moved to immediately if they are indeed rootbound.

Found this, maybe it’s time for final containers after all.

Fabric pots are the way to go. I use them start to finish :+1:

1 Like

^^This^^

The air circulation of fabric pots makes it more difficult to over water and allows more oxygen to the roots.

I’m seeing toxicity/pH, nutrient imbalance. The scales are tipped out of favor. There’s a war going on at the root level.

Go up or down, pick either direction to determine nutrient availability and nutrient lockout.

1 Like

Nice chart.
I liked this one too Effects of pH, sodicity, and salinity on soil fertility - Salinity Management

Over watered with a PH lockout.

How do I fix it? Stop watering for a few days?

1 Like

Check the pH runoff and adjust accordingly, simple remedies include dolomite lime stone, Potassium hydroxide, and for acid a host of acids are available, I prefer H3PO4 (Phosphoric acid) because it’s also a nutrient.

Order a decent PH and TDS meter from Amazon along with PH up and down. Apera makes a decent meter.

Stop foliar feeding: you risk damage to plant.

Those leaves will not recover: look to new growth for signs of improvement.

Potting up would be wise, more importantly is to know what is going in and coming out. You need those meters!

2 Likes

Guys I have a TDS/PPM meter it just doesnt do PH which I didnt know at the time of purchase. I can definitely transplant them tonight. I have some subcool(rip) supersoil that I will be putting the girls into.

Also Home Depot has a PH meter for Soil but can that be used for nutrient solution?

@Myfriendis410