Trying to diagnose leaf discoloration and drooping

Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie at growing and am having some problems with leaf discoloration and drooping. I’ve read everything I can find but all of the symptoms are so similar that I can’t decide what the problem is. I’m not sure if it’s nutrients, over-watering, under-watering, light burn, bugs, etc. I have an indoor grow tent and the temperature averages around 77 degrees and the humidity hovers around 60%. I’m in the flowering stage so the tent gets 12 hours of sunlight and 12 hours of darkness. There are 2 different plants. One is an auto-flower (that I bought from ILGM) and the other is from a seed I found in some bud I bought. I tried uploading pictures but I’m not sure I did it correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more info on my grow set up, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Could be phosphorus, but let’s tag some people and fill out a ticket. @hellraiser @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @BobbyDigital
support-ticket
I came up with the ILGM “Support Ticket” in order to help new members a way to provide the necessary information to the community mentors, and expert staff.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Latewood & the ILGM Grow Support Staff Team]

Mine actually kinda looked like that also istarted using sensi bloom and it stopped

Go ahead and fill out the Support Ticket so we have decent info but your plant is suffering from nute burn and N toxicity.

Here is the information requested. I’m worried about another plant but will just focus on one this time, the autoflower blueberry. Thanks for all the help thus far!

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto): Auto-flower, blueberry (BBY-FAP5)
-Age of plant/what week of flower: ~3 months
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Soil mixture from apotforpot.com
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots: Fabric pot
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Don’t know. Using distilled water.
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Don’t know
-Method used to measure PH and TDS: I have a meter that measures water and PH.
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space: Indoor
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other: LED
-Actual wattage draw of lights: 150 Watts
-Current Light Schedule: 12 on, 12 off.
-Temps; Day, Night: ~77 degrees, cooler at night
-Humidity; Day, Night: ~55% to 60%, sometimes higher
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: I have a fan that pulls the air out of the tent but no air circulation inside. I leave a vent open to draw in air.
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: N/A
-Co2; Yes, No: No

Ah. should’ve said you were using potforpot. We can ask them. @aPotforPot
Who could answer your question better. I don’t pretend to understand how their coco/soil mix works. Definitely something to it that im also not interested in learning. I like to be in full control.

Thanks for these photos! Is it just the two leaves? Have you added any additional nutrients?

There are 3 leaves total that are having problems. I have added no additional nutrients. The only thing I have added is water.

1 Like

It looks like your plant may have received too much water. When your plant’s roots have too much water around them, they are unable to transport water up to the leaves effectively-- that’s why they wilt, curl, crisp, turn yellow, and develop brown spots. You can remove these leaves, they are not supporting your plant’s photosynthesis.

You may also want to check the pH of your water source. Ideal water pH is 6.5 - 7.0 for cannabis growing in soil.

It also looks like this plant is not far away from harvest time-- you’re almost there! :bouquet:

Thanks for the update. That’s what I’ve heard from other people so that just confirms it. I’m trying to find out what the best water is to use to keep the pH levels balanced.
I’m also struggling with how often to water and how much water to give.

Thanks again for your help,
John

Water based off weight. When the container starts to feel empty it needs water. R/o and d/i water when given with no additives require zero ph adjustment. Since they cannot physically hold a ph level without any dissolved solids. They just take on the ph of your medium. While I’m not familiar with @aPotforPot 's system. There’s nothing that indicates you would have to add cal mag to 0ppm upfront. Unless it’s in the fine print. So if you did use distilled or reverse osmosis water you wouldn’t have to worry about pH. Because you wouldn’t be able to adjust it technically. As their ads say, water only. So if it doesn’t work beginning to end with di/ro… catch the drift?

The “water only” technically implies use of di/ro.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great information. Yeah, I talked to the people at apotforpot and they said it was probably overwatering and I should just be concerned with what the pH in the water is. I shouldn’t have to adjust for anything else since their soil comes with everything needed.

Thanks again!

1 Like