Trying to beat any bud rot considering…

@Mr_Wormwood @GreenSnek would you please tell me what you think as far as “ready”? Also, to go with that question, which part of the plant/bud do y’all microscopy for readiness by trichomes? Thank y’all, mike

1 Like

I’d say it’s harvestable if you want it on the lighter funner side or wait a week or more if you want it heavy and relaxing

1 Like

Okay that sounds great and thank you again! Mike@GreenSnek

Hello fellow growers, I sure could use some advice(once again)! I’m not sure what to think and going ahead and pulling them? Do y’all see anything unusual? The bud pulled apart in pic just very easily comes off plant and bud…thx guys
@Mr_Wormwood @GreenSnek @Hellraiser

@Mr_Wormwood @GreenSnek @Hellraiser

1 Like

Sorry wouldn’t upload all together

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong, but I don’t trust my eyes right now. A couple of cases of possible bud rot that I didn’t see, so take my advice with a grain of salt

1 Like

Budrot is a motherfucker@! This is only my 3rd grow year and the first time ive had to deal with this, PM being the biggest problem but has turned to budrot. At least PM can be washed out during harvest which is the plan since a few plants are completely covered with it and have been trying multiple remidies ( Store bought sprays, H2O2, Caswtile soap oil baking soda, wiping it off with sponge, etc.) and ended up fucking up some budsites that now have a black/ dark purple appearance and are stunted with barley any buds yet. With budrot i have been drying and cutting the affected parts out before jarring and curing. Biggest colas seem to be most affected which sucks because they are beautiful colas and even though I’ve smoked much worse, still don’t want to smoke that shit lol.

Your plants and buds don’t seem to have any noticeable budrot, it usually is either brown or has a white fluffy webbing appearance.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean! I’m just going to pull them tomorrow and not worry, and yet the even more stressful time for me, drying & curing…happy growing! Mike

1 Like

@wilks5387 I had to pull mine today because of rot. Came on in a day. All washed drip dried. And hung to dry

1 Like

@Hitman1811 boy that’s an all negative feelings coming with that especially the hard work…did you notice a large amount more once you cut and inspected the buds?

@wilks5387 none but it’s still really humid. Have 2 fans on moving air.

1 Like

@Hitman1811 definitely will go all out with good dehumidifier when I start the tents and the super mix pk…I’ll run an ac line if I have to Bc no fun seeing all that hard work playing Houdini

Not seeing any obvious signs of bud rot, I’d try to go another week.

3 Likes

Ok thank you @Hellraiser, I needed that and boy that humidity does not mess around during flowering…within the week, no that I’ve done an ok size grow outside, I’ll be starting a pretty good size indoor grow with the super mix pk and already have tents, lights, fans etc ready to go and could I ask you for some advice along the way? I’m also tagging @GreenSnek @Mr_Wormwood, I appreciate everything already, thanks, mike

1 Like

Start at 300-400 par and increase your light every watering you should be around 700-900 by week 3, lst , top,20/4 light schedule, defoliate underbrush,etc

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Mr_Wormwood @GreenSnek @GROWWIZARD420 @Hitman1811
Thank you @GreenSnek and sorry for the delayed response and I’ve been strong at it with keeping them in order and have the tent at 45-50%RH and 69-72(f)degrees. First plant will be drying 4 days at noon tomorrow. Hope they’re happy!! I am going to let you know the cured outcome and in the mean time I’m getting the 4X4 up tomorrow and will finish the perm. project indoors. Thanks for the help and I may need that experienced advance b4 it’s over!! Happy Harvest!

3 Likes

Nice buds!

1 Like

Thank you @Hellraiser! I can definitely wipe the sweat off the forehead a minute and get ready to enjoy!

2 Likes

Yeah the drying & curing process is important and still learning how to Cure properly. Had 2 Autos yeild about 2 oz each and one of them didnt cure right leaving a weird smell and loss of terpines but still smoked good so not a big deal but a learning process. Its crazy the amount of conflicting information on these fourms, one person will say day another says night, so its important to gather info from multiple sources and suggestions.

1 Like