Trying to beat any bud rot considering…

@Hellraiser @Mr_Wormwood

Hello everyone, I was hoping this response would be in a few days but the last two days well really the last four days has been really bad here where I live as far as the humidity and I am struggling two keep all these girls ready for a few more days until I can harvest. Any suggestions would help, I had them outside all the way until about eight days ago because of massive rain that was coming.I’m not for sure but one of my buds wasn’t looking right so I opened it up And there was a worm coming out of that stem and looks like little tan balls. Thank you everyone for your help. Mike

If y’all would like better or close-up pictures just ask me and I’ll put what you want on there

That first one looks suspect to me
The others I’m not seeing any thing obvious but I don’t have an eye for it

I can only imagine your horror upon opening a bud and a caterpillar crawling out

1 Like

I know it, ur exactly right @Mr_Wormwood and here is the bud with the caterpillar in it

1 Like

I lost few big colas to those damn things.

1 Like

I feel your pain

1 Like

I think big weed colas are their favorite snack

2 Likes

I’m not really seeing any bud rot just natural purpling like some strains get( though midway down 1st pic is a Lil suspicious but it could just be that leaf dying)

2 Likes

I think your right @Lacewing and resentful…how bad was the final outcome of that one?

1 Like

That’s what caught my eye @GreenSnek when I came out to check them earlier. What about making a makeshift smaller enclosure around them all with ac unit pulling air in and two 6” in-line ac fans for the last n and out?

2 Likes

1 is for sure nothing 2 is iffy if that’s not just shadow 3 is almost certainly a Lil rot that needs to be trimmed off 4 looks like nothing too

1 Like

Wonder what kind of worm that is? Almost looks like a second cousin to a tomato hornworm. Maybe a little bacillus thuringiensis to keep them at Bay until you harvest?

1 Like

Harvest, bud. Wash and inspect evey single. Bud very detailed.

Don’t risk it you can always grow more, smoking mold can be very very very bad!

3 Likes

Okay boy, the last 3 hrs I’ve made an air conditioning makeshift tent. I just got an ac in. 4x2 and 5x5 tents and I will definitely have more control than this! I appreciate everyone and the help. I will trim that excess and isolate just in case @GreenSnek and yes @Nicky i have begun that process in the next 24 hrs! I will update in a few

1 Like

I don’t know but they are MONSTROUS!!!

1 Like

@GreenSnek @Mr_Wormwood Would it hurt to use some of Bergman’s plant protection at this point?

I could not say, I’ve only ever used the jacks 321

Sorry

1 Like

This late right before harvest nahhhh won’t do much of anything

1 Like

Ok sounds good @GreenSnek and @Mr_Wormwood, I appreciate it as always and we’ll see how this cutdown turns out but will let everyone involved know the final and I’ll have a journal to post on here b/c I’m on 9 full notebooks now! Thanks, mike

1 Like