Trying this indoor growing thing

I know what you mean got tired of over half my crop disappear. That is why I laid off for a while. What lighting do you recommend for 60x60x80? How many plants?

@dbrn32 the light guy will say go with the HLG QBā€™s.

I bought 2 HLG 260xl Rspec kits. The aluminum panel can actually hold 3 QBā€™s and this means both panels with 3 QB each is good for a 5x5 tent.

I donā€™t know if he will recommend that one. I doubt it as they have light kits good for a 5x5 right off the bat.

I will have 5 plants in my 4x4 tent. By the time the other 4 get tall enough, the 60ā€ tall GSC will be ready for harvest and that opens up more space.

Ebay links not allowed here. Amazon, dealzer and aliexpress.

Iā€™m also not super familiar with what is available in hid. I just know that bigger hood is better for 5x5.

Sorry. Did not intend to post the link when I copied the info.

1 Like

Would 2 600watt be a better Choice?

1 Like

Depends on how you use the tent. In most cases yes, but nothing balanced about 2 lights in square space either.

So, in your opinion, would 1- 1,000watt hps/metal halide be sufficient??? I just wanna make sure I have lighting covered.

Before I switched to the QBā€™s, I had my 2 Viparspectra PAR600 lights at a angle which helped get more light to the bottom of the plant. I donā€™t need to do that with my QBā€™s.

What about CMH? Or are they still too new.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078YVHH4T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sH6ODb6CQGRV9

I use something similar to this and I absolutely love it works great

2 Likes

I run 600 watt hps with old school magnetic ballists in xxxl 8" air cooled hoodsā€¦
Hoods were $150 each and ballists were $120 each and 8" extraction fan was $75ā€¦
I havenā€™t used cmh but if I was going to change things out I might go that rout ā€¦
I just donā€™t know about the heat they put outā€¦:thinking:
I would use two 600 watt hps in that space or cmh ā€¦
If your really good at training and scroging, I might look into QB boardsā€¦ but again Iā€™m not sure about heatā€¦:thinking:
Also if I went cmh , I would go with two 315 watt cmh so that you can have better light spreadā€¦
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

They are all good lights. None of them really built for 5x5 though.

1 Like

What size tent? How many plants for 60x60x80?

So, Final thoughts. What should I go with for a 60x60x80? 1- 1,000 watt hps/metal halide, 2-600watt hps/metal halide or 2- 315 watt cmh. I have also found a 945W CMH 3200k Double Ended 6" AIR Cool Complete grow Light kit. In yallā€™s opinion, what would best suit a 60x60x80 tent. Like I said in the beginning, I just want to set this up to where I have sufficient light. I know that is a major factor, I will with your help, I hope figure the rest of it out from there.

You need to get @dbrn32 opinion about the lights. He is the go to for all light questions.

Thatā€™s what I have understood and I am waiting for his response, before I make my final decision. From everything that I have read on this forum, he is THE LIGHTING GURU and I will definitely respect his opinion. I am just trying to get the lighting situation as right as I can from the get go.

1 Like

That is a smart plan. I didnā€™t join any forum when I bought my stuff. I have 2 Viparspectra PAR600 lights and now the HLJ 260xl Rspec lights. So a total of $1250 in lights.

Hindsight 20/20 can be a real b****. But now Iā€™m on the right track.

I have always tried to follow the 6 Pā€™s rule throughout my life. Prior preparation, Prevents, Piss, Poor, Performance. Definitely rules to live by, in my opinion

1 Like

Iā€™m not really familiar with the de cmh fixtures, so I donā€™t really know thd performance specs. If you limited to those three options I think you really need to look at how you will be using space and what you want to accomplish in it. I can think of scenarios where I feel running one 1000 would be better than two 600ā€™s, then I feel the two 600ā€™s would be better in different scenario.

Thatā€™s really the issue with bigger spaces. If you had a 3x3 thereā€™s a dozen fixtures go right in there and do well. And its easy to assume most can or will just have plant canopy wall to wall. Neither is usually true in a 5x5. A de hps is a great fixture for 25 square feet, but theyā€™re not really great in short heights like a tent.

1 Like

If I was using a tent , I would probably go the rout of QBs , as long as I could keep the tent coolā€¦ :grin:
The reason I say this is for height clearancesā€¦:wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like