Trying Grow Professional

Pippen decided she could live outside for 2 days straight! Well and come in to visit the wife and kid when I left for work…

Today she was waiting for me when I came in from work and oh did she ham it up on the I’m so cute you can’t be upset

9 Likes

Hahaha Look at her!! straight chillleeen haha

1 Like

Ariel view of the wilderness

There’s a middle section I can’t get to if I even tried…

10 Likes

Welp still waiting but I’ll hang dry this sample and get test it next week hopefully when it’s dried

8 Likes

How tall did your plants get before the collapse you think?

1 Like

Right around 4’ from base of coco

They don’t seem to care which way they grow as much as I do

3 Likes

Pulled a albino branch off the bottom that hasn’t gotten the needed light (accidentally) while clearing out dead growth

3 Likes

Beefin up dry room lines with steel tension wires.

Can hold more and not have a sag like the hemp line did. Hemp was just nice because if was free and what we had on hand at the time.

Now if I could wrap hemp around that it would be perfect

Gotta zoom in to even see but I wanted the entire cable in the pic

5 Likes

Looks like we’re in for a few more watering a before I go harvesting so

• Water day!
    Adding another 17-20 gal r/o with regular dosage for the girls but here’s the breakdown

I seriously cut the bottom off that piece of paper thinking “I’ll never get to week 9-10…

3 Likes

Also found a use for the double heatsinks…

Two are those are from allibaba when o tried saving a few dollars… you can see how the heat stripped the black anodized coating off them

4 Likes

Two “of “those are from allibaba…

That’s 4 of them, now I need to find a use for the other 3…

1 Like

Cleaned out all the lines and the float valves…waiting for issues to arise from what I just did…ever taste the solution sitting in a pex line? I recommend not trying it…

4 Likes

@ConcreteBudz

24 new clones in

23 made it out

8 chemdawg
8 sour lush
8 sour crack

Hopefully be ready by Mother’s Day to put out

Bonsaid orange Zkittlez bottom left two and chopped bleu cheese back as well… may get rid of that as it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Good high weird taste…

4 Likes

I’m worn out and the day hasn’t even begun for the rest of the household yet… didn’t expect for watering to get so involved this morning but things needed to be done!

Gonna order 15 or so autopot valves, hopefully find a bulk deal. Already have the lines coming in from amazon

4 Likes

No bulk deals here, so I only got 14 aqua valve 5 to replace the aqua valve 4 I’m currently using…
12 to use, 2 just in case I need to replace on the fly or have any issues to begin with… don’t need a faulty valve slowing down my Op
Let’s keep this all between us…

2 Likes

not sure how I missed this grow. I went back and re-read… Incredible what you accomplished. Basically the kind of grow room I dream of. I hope for one day to move away from the tents and have a nice open space to work with.

I see you dreamed big and they got away from you. I think that’s how we learn and become better growers. . It can be costly and add to hours of maintenance but it’s a learning experience non the less.

I only have 3 grows under my belt 4th are just tiny sprouts now, but they have all been this this year. So lots of learning in a short time.
This 3rd grow was a huge learning experience in what not to do. I guess they all have kind of been. I had my clones in the small 2x2s for way to long and they got lanky and thats how they wanted to grow. I double scroged them and I just wasn’t thinking they would take off like they did. Suddenly I found myself with another Jumanji scenario. This time with plants taller than me and packed into the tents. To close to the lights that were pulled uncomfortably to the top of the tents. I had some slight light bleaching and stress occur and had to dial my lights back which is not optimal obviously.

I had to do tons of trimming which set them back a bit but had to be done as well as just bending branches over to get them down. Problem solved I thought.

I spend all day in the same room as my grow. However as often happens I got stuck on auto pilot and let distractions take my attention away from the grow. One day I opened up the tent and realized they had had a huge growth spurt and put on so much weight they had starting collapsing on each other.
Unlike your grow I had one option which was painstaking but worked.

I had to do this for a 4x8 and a 4x4. (9 plants) It took all day and I never want to have to do it again.

I cant wait to see how you adapt and change your grow for the best results on your next run. I am willing to bet it will be incredible.

4 Likes

Hopefully by the end of next weekend I’ll have these out and new ones in, then I’ll start tweaking it a smidge.

Learned a few things along the way.

• veg shorter and add another layer of scrog
  • lung works but not well, forced over passive intake
  • 1/4” aqua valves will kill me eventually
  • gotta find a way to be able to raise and lower lighting no matter how full the grow gets (just in case)

Other then that I’ve been able to maintain:

• temperature
  • humidity
  • nutrients

Need improvement

• size
  • intake
  • shutoff valves
  • light height
5 Likes

Very nice flowers you got yourself there. I appreciate the the objective perspective you give with your comments!

I’d been planning the remodel for a while and was kicking ideas around with @repins12 for a good bit before pulling the trigger.

Most the grow equiment I had from just trying to keep 3 tents going, so just needed building material at that point.

Definitely got out of hand quickly and yes autopilot gets me every time as well! Just become complacent and not really thinking about the whole picture just what needs to be done…routine

I definitely can’t wait for the next cycle to go in to correct these issues that have arisen.

6 Likes

Thank you for the compliment. Not many people see my grow or know I even grow. Just a handful and the people at amazon and where I bought my lights. :rofl: so it is always nice to have a compliment from other growers as we work so hard to make it happen.
It sounds like you have a good plan for the next grow and the knowledge to get it done.
I still find myself saying things like “this run will be more training” and “ill do this and that” but they still surprise me every time.
I want to switch to automated irrigation but I know it will open up a whole other can of worms. And getting up before 6am and getting in there with the watering can gives me a chance (if I take it) to see what’s going on. I am also at my limit on my circuits so I don’t want to go above 75%ish percent load on them and adding more electrics is just to iffy for me.

2 Likes

Repetition is what we thrive on!

Even though they may not need water I make myself get up at 4:30 to go down to record daily logs.

This way I take the chance to not only record what’s going on, it can also show me where I went wrong. I take the time to check each tray as well, atleast once a week and during first few weeks of flower I was doing it daily on atleast a few.

Then look at plant growth and leaves for signs of stress, or deficiencies.

So even if you automate the watering process you can still have a routine that keeps you going in and checking on the operation

Autopot system is gravity fed so no electronics to plug in!!!, a 4 pot xl 7 gal system works great in a 4x4 @Jackie_Daytona

1 Like