Trying Grow Professional

Only if you try to pull from multiple locations and exhaust thru same port

1 Like

:thinking: that may be a nice add on if I decide to put a light to work that’s sitting on the shelf.

1 Like

I’m all for more lighting! Need to put some strips on the floor to get the undergrowth

1 Like

I had to take last night to trim a bit of product I had drying so I wasn’t able to put much effort into the build.

I did start tearing down the next drop ceiling to start working on the new exhaust thru the attic

Idea here is to frame this area off, add Hvac system to 6” metal pipe that runs to attic, disconnect that from main house, tape off the hole I put in main central air system and add carbon filter to top of pile where it pops out the attic

2 Likes

Bag of 20 mix… someone’s gonna be sanding after work today for sure!!

4 Likes

I can admit that laying mud is not anything I’m good at and always put way too much on and end up need a belt sander to get it smooth again but this time not too bad…still some heavy areas tho

Just need a DA sander for this :laughing: joking I’ll hand sand it

2 Likes

You may notice I filled in the gap between the parts of the door frame, this is to give the frp something to adhere to when we glue it up.

Hopefully do the ceiling soon, then after a major installation of the ceiling units we will be able to finish the walls and epoxy the floor

Or vice verse for that last part I’m not sure if I should do floor first but I’ll consult with my friend who does frp installs to see what’s usual and best way of going about it

Dude, you’re wearing me out :clap: :raised_hands: :+1:

With my experience use a bucket of water and a sponge and wipe the dry mud makes life a lot easier if you don’t want lungs full of dust. I would rather pass kidney stones than drywall… You’re the man!

2 Likes

Where you been my whole life!! It’s just like tile?

1 Like

Good work. I suck at mudding too. I can frame and hang the drywall but I’m terrible at that. If you did it everyday it would be easier I’m sure.

1 Like

Alright welp I almost feel like I’ve just spun tires and not gone anywhere in forever…did I mention how much I despise mud?

Well after maybe YouTube videos I found one or two that met my approval. One being to hook your DA sander to your shop vac and then do it that way, other to use a wet sanding block…I choose the shop vac method because well I couldn’t find a sanding block in the pile of crap I call a tool closet

Knock nails out the floor to start getting that area ready, need to patch the concrete and sand before I got any further with that project also.

Hopefully hang the frp on the ceiling tomorrow and finish buttoning up any loose ends before then so I can have a smooth transition into the walls later

5 Likes

Coming along nicely

1 Like

Frp ceiling completed

7 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Thank you! Having this done tonight may progress the rest a bit faster, we will see

1 Like

Morning all and welcome back to another weekend of “Flip My Grow!!!” Today we will be dealing with cable race ways and ceiling track for your light installations

4 Likes

And on the 7th day of the build I bring you light!

7 Likes

That is a great looking space - really impressive. :+1: :+1: :+1:
I have to ask about your air in/ out (my background is commercial ventilation) as I was surprised that you only use 2 x 6" fans to exhaust that space - pulling air from the inlet plenum at one end (corner) of the room - which doesn’t seem to be fan assisted. The fans then exhaust vertically through the above living space into the attic area, where you will attach a carbon filter to discharge into the space. The other two 6" fans you mention, I am assuming are oscillating and used for the grow area.
Have I pretty much got that right? I just wanted to get it clear in my head before I ask more questions. :sunglasses: :+1: :face_with_monocle: