Trying Grow Professional

Learned this afternoon my relationship with my squirrel friend is strictly food for affection.

Got nipped trying to pet without feeding today :rofl:

6 Likes

Awwwww I love chippys :chipmunk:
Hmmm the chipmunk emoji looks more like a squirrel. But that’s okay cuz we love them too!
Edit: just read the next posts. It IS a squirrel :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They’re food whores :grin:

3 Likes

My wife said if they fit stuff in their cheeks technically they’re chipmunks…

The book the kids have of the animals in the area says otherwise :thinking:

I say it’s adorable and we’ve nicknamed her Einstein

4 Likes

8 Likes

That’s kinda what I thought too but there’s variations within species, idk…
It certainly looks chippy :blush:

2 Likes

My wife said she was just tasting me :laughing:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Nice…if she comes back, means you must taste good!

3 Likes

Cannabis and nuts

3 Likes

Last visit with our vacation squirrel, the comfort level has grown

8 Likes

Say hi to my buddy Chucky my yard monks. Chucky lets me pet her. Knows her name, will come when you call her. I love spending time with her.

11 Likes

Omg! I love Chucky!! She looks like a kind soul and wouldn’t taste you too much

2 Likes

Boom hower the squirrel whisperer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. How you been brother?!

Yea, she’s only tasted my finger a few times. Usually figures it out and wont bite hard. Most of the time though i can have a handful of tiny black oil sunflower seeds and she’s surgical getting them from in-between my fingers.

3 Likes

Been down right fantastic! Thanks for asking, been always for 2 weeks get to see how the new system is holding up tomorrow…scary

That’s awesome! Did you find her when she was little or just stumble upon each other?

Nice up n running again though! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for ya brother. That’s good glad to hear all is well!

2 Likes

Well, i started feeding 3 of them last season, one was a female super skittish, but they would get close. Hibernation time came., then went and with the spring the chipmunks came back out. I noticed the baby Chucky when Paulie " the momma" came looking for food. She was introduced to me then. A few days later i saw Chucky out front so i went over and sat in the grass for a couple hours tossing seeds and nuts at her. Then momma kicked Chucky out and she remembered me and moved into my retaing wall in the front. From there it just progressed. I meet Chucky out front every morning to feed her. Sometimes she wants to horde and will keep packing food away. Sometimes not, and she sits and eats breakfast with me then runs off. At first the pets were strange to her, now she streches her little body out and enjoys it. Pretty neat i made a yard monks friend. They live their entire lives in solitude, but this one likes a buddy.

2 Likes

That is truly amazing! She definitely sees something in you that is kind. They don’t come to just anyone, it seems they know who they can trust and know the ones who would never put them in danger.

Here’s a morning long tailed weasel we saw leaving out

8 Likes

And we have life and no flood…we left for 2 weeks….with a 3 day old system and returned to dry weather in the lab!

Couldn’t of done that with the autopots

Now it’s time to insulate the tops of the bins and throw up some scrogs…girls are starting to flower

11 Likes