Trying a new germination method

So im used to germing in paper towels. But I’m trying it in the dome this go around. Put 20 seeds around the outside row[50 spots] 46 watt 4 bulb t5 on 24/7. 11 out of 20 are up and out with a few having helmet head and just coming up. The rest are just popped. Im impatient as hell is been 4 days so I kind of peeled back the rooter cubes a bit to see if they were popped or not. Is that going to mess them up at all? I know there fragile but not super fragile because I’ve always handled them out of the paper towels. 2 seeds still havnt popped at all. Am I just being impatient or do they pop then stop growing lmao

@Dieselgrow1031
Slow down clitis, they coming some just slower than others, but shout out to you for doing way more seeds than I would if you just learning, brave soldier. But tighten your boot straps, and loosen them supoenders and relax. Stop thinking :thought_balloon: about them, and just listen :ear:, you hear them whisper as soon as they break the soil, you can feel they vibration seriously !

1 Like

1031 in one my favorite internal revenue code sections

I’ve been growing for years but just trying a new germ method lmao

2 Likes

You’ll never progress if you don’t do things that put you out of your comfort zone!

Well done! I’d like to see a pic tho, I’m a visual learner

Brb ill get one! Lol

@PharmerBob

2 Likes

Yeah it seems to take longer because you’re combining two stages into one. Germination and sprout.

4 Likes

@BobbyDigital makes sense. Cuz usually in the paper towel they would all be popped with long tails by now in the solo cup and coming up by now lmao. Just gotta wait I guess. Couple more days with the dome then its coming off

1 Like

Oh dope I love those things!

1 Like

@Dieselgrow1031
You have a spray bottle right and about 2 5ml of silica or Essential 13, good stuff by the way and most them for about two weeks and they should go straight to they final pot, so no more transplanting the roots

Set your lights height and they will take smooth off !

I like to transplant from solo to 1 gal to 3 gal to 5 gal. The nutrients in the soil do alot of work and I domt have to use slot of my nutrients. Until they are in the 5 gals

2 Likes

@Dieselgrow1031
Why not just stagger your one gallon inside the 3 gallon, and the same thing to the 5 gallon.
I simply :scissors: about and 2 inches of the one gallon pot bottom half off with out cutting the roots, a fresh razor I used, cut :scissors: the bottom half off the one gallon right, and back fill the 3 gallon with fresh new stronger soil for the next stage for veg and stagger the one gallon where it kind of stack dead center of the 3 gallon but have your fresh soil slightly packed so the one gallon sit about 5 inches up out of the 3 gallon but dead center, so when you water, the water flows through the one gallon into the 3 gallon I to the 5 gallon like a champagne fountain at a wedding kind of sort of, man saves so much time, just our and go and let the water run down in levels like a water fall almost, I hope this is making sense , im trying to explain and create an image in the imagination so you can get the idea :bulb: ?

I just transplant bro I don’t so no fancy stuff lol when they are ready for one gallons I put them in one gallons with fresh soil and so on.

1 Like

@Dieselgrow1031
Why what im saying is fancy, im only sharing my methods, im not insinuating you have to do anything I suggest, I only stared what I do that I found to be very useful and simple, just sharing info bro. You still have to grow it, I can’t do that part, but ok @Dieselgrow1031 I understand you got it covered .

Nothing wrong with what you are doing. But if you want to stop them from coming up with helmet, pre germinate then place into media shell down and root up. Then lightly cover. Root will right itself and pull shell off on its way up.

2 Likes