"True or False?"

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Have heard that you should not clone feminized plants due to tendency to herma. True or False? When seeds germ and start up through soil with seed case still enclosed should case be removed mechanically?”

I’ve personally never heard they will turn hermie but I don’t clone so I don’t know a lot about it but I do know memebers on here clone them without any issues.
As for your shell question, yes it is best to remove it. I’ve had it happen several times and I usually try wetting the shell to try and loosen it up and then take a pair of tweezers and GENTLY remove it. If you do have to remove it be sure you get all of the membrane off as well as it can create problems.

I have successfully cloned feminized plants with the only issue being they were not as vigorous as seedlings.

1 Like

I have cloned a clone, from a clone, that began as a feminized seed. Never got any hermies!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

The answer to your question is " FALSE " You can clone a feminized plant an keep her in vegg state indefinitely and clone. You can clone a clone and keep on cloning from a clone. I have 6 times.

Hope this helps

Will

3 Likes