Troubleshooting without all the information

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    Bag seed… maybe Tahoe??

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics,
    Aquaponics, KNF
    Seedling starting soil mixed with Miracle-Gro garden soil mixed with perlite… This is very experimental right now…

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Solo cup with drainage holes

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    N/A

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    N/A

• Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor 4x4

• Light system
    Right now, it’s a Viparspectra 450W

• Temps; Day, Night
    Day is 78, Night 69

• Humidity; Day, Night
    Currently struggling with this but has been maintaining 45% humidity

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    Yes, I’ve got a 6" exhaust but I have not run it. I do keep an oscillating 6 in fan on low on

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    N/A

• Co2; Yes, No
    No

So I’ll show you what I’ve got and any advice would be great before I get serious with the ILGM Banana Kush seeds (that are on the way) :grin::grin: I’m super excited about it and wanna give them the perfect world to live in. But for now, what do you see right or wrong

1 Like

Haven’t used it, but most will say, stay away from miracle-grow.
Humidity for seedlings needs to stay high. Cover them with a plastic bottle with the bottom cut out. Mist it about 2 times per day with water, I used tap but most would say either distilled or RO for the misting.
Pictures should be with a natural or white light, not the purplish, it helps to diagnose problems. Other than that they look good :+1:

1 Like

I’d suggest, as I am a first time grower, read through the forum. You can find a lot of common problems posted and if you read through you can avoid them. You can also find a lot more successes that will teach you a lot of the right things to do/look for. I would suggest getting a PH and PPM meter if you plan to use tap to test the water every so often. Cities and municipalities will add to chems to the water supply at various points in the year which I suppose could throw off your water. Plus they help, to determine if you happen to be feeding to much nutrients or there is nutrient lock-out, should you see problems. They are also nice when you mix your nutrients up until you get more familiar with “adding this much will bring it to this”.

I would create drain holes on the bottom edge of the cups, like in most potting containers, because it’s great for drainage and makes using the banana peel method easy when you transplant.

The girls are a little stretched IMO, I’d lower the light a few inches.

For future reference, natural lightning pics are best when looking for answers :slight_smile:

You have a good grasp and start on things, good luck!

@Hellraiser I gave this guy your business card :grinning:

You want about 2 million holes in the cup FYI :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Light is too high.

Dome your plants for now.

Discontinue the MG

1 Like

Question regarding PH - N/A TDS - N/A
is it because haven’t yet or don’t have a PH or TDS meter
Strongly recommend both. Myfriendis410 saved my bacon on my last grow. Got me to adjust PH EVERY water. I thought my water PH was ok. Ran into problems. The undadjusted PH was 7.5+.
Adjusted down to 6.5 ±, a good flush, some CalMag and jarred some nice buds. Agree about light hight.
When you transplant just plant them lower to bury more of the stem.

1 Like