Trouble sexing plants

@anon95385719 here r some more pics to help determine to me looks like a couple balls

Definitely a hermiā€¦I would get it out of your room immediately unless you want seeds.

Donā€™t let it mature to make pollen or it may contaminate your room even if you take it out of the room. You can carry pollen in from the hermi on your clothes and what not.

@merlin44 so if all r like that then itā€™s a wrap pretty much

They do look like they MAY. b Hermies. I would still watch if hairs start coming out of the sac. I only say that Bc a room full of auto Hermies would b SO uncommon.

I would me amazed if all of them did thisā€¦that would be extraordinary as @anon95385719 says.

1 Like

@anon95385719 @merlin44 i only got 4 plants n seems like at least 2 r n the others ill habe to give lil more time cuz those 1s the hairs r coming out of the sacks

Thanks for the help everyone

Ya see it might b the strain. Wait a day or so and see if those hairs pop out. Now thatā€™s what I would do but I have to warn u. If those sacs break and they are male sacs they will pollinate your whole area.

It really is a 50/50 call what to do. So U can make your own decision but an informed one

Hey u know u could b looking at this all wrong too. If all of your plants hermie then u know itā€™s something u did and it can b fixed. In the meantime u would also have a huge amount of feminized seeds. If they all go I would cultivate. Just make sure u let the seeds mature before chopping. Itā€™s a form of growing that breeders do. They prefer males and for sure Hermies.

Thatā€™s why I say this is rare. Autos are actually a bit difficult to turn

@anon95385719 cool thanks i did not know thatā€¦ Iā€™ll have to inform my partner I grow with thatā€™s good info. ur right it could b me or could b the cards have been dealed, either way Iā€™m still learning n have to figure if it was me or just the plants themselves. However as far i can tell I have 4 plants n 2 4sure r hermies n other 2 Iā€™ll give more time while keeping eye on the hermies so not to pollenate the other 2 thanks again

Thereā€™s no cards dealt. Plants all have a predetermined sex. A genetic hermaphrodite would b an anomaly. That plant was female and still may b. Those long pistils donā€™t form in male plants. A photo period plant will hermie from light leaks and schedule mishaps most often. Bc these are auto flowers u have none of those worries. People top and fim autos without getting them to hermie. And thatā€™s hi stress.

Like I said before it takes a LOT to get an auto to hermie and u think u have 2? I still put bets they are swollen calyx and itā€™s the strain that matures like that.

But I donā€™t like that there is more than a single one. Thatā€™s a bad sign. They can b all over the plant but usually only one. I did some research and females can have them in bunches too. Gotta see if they release pistils to b sure

@anon95385719 Ok understand by cards being dealt I meant wat u said I understand they r predetermined i just meant with the whole situation not sure if u understand wat I meanā€¦ anyways on the other hand they r not auto flowers they r just GDP my buddy got from a shop n he found seeds so u could say bag seed like i said in the 1st post there was not light leaks no misschedule feedings I did the same things I did wen I grew some gelato everything went good there n as for these Iā€™m just not sure wats going on but I do appreciate ur help ur giving info I didnā€™t kno cuz like I said Iā€™m still learning but I do kno some stuff do to my research n advice from others n books I been reading to understand the plant so any other advice u can give is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Sorry I was helping 2 people at once and got your plants confused. Oh ya itā€™s possible for a while grow to hermie for photos. That sucks.

Something stressed them could b humidity or temp huge ph swings . Something did

@anon95385719 Yea I hear ya No worriesā€¦ I agree something messed them up just not sure wat. I did harvest some good gelato tho 5 plants about 6 n half ounces. The yield wasnā€™t that great but I learned alot n it came out bomb havenā€™t heard any complaints bout it ā€¦ only thing with gelato was i tan out nutes n didnā€™t have funds for more nutes so I take my yield was affected or wat not but these gdp I did same routine as gelato just I have everything for them now n not struggling to get the stuff ā€¦ I really am greatful for ur help tho u did teach me some new stuff I didnā€™t knoā€¦ Iā€™m just wondering wat the heck it could b cuz like I said I havenā€™t changed anything from wat i did n used during the gelato grow n my research said that strain is more difficult n that GDP is but easierā€¦ so my mind is racing wondering way went wrong

Have u sat in your grow room for 5 mins after lights out. U canā€™t just look u have to sit in there for a few minutes to let your eyes adjust. Anything, usually an indicator light on a fan, heater, timer. Sometimes they flash. They will hermie plants. Look around where those 2 were. I have duct tape on my heater and surge protector Bc they both have red lights when the power is on.

2 Likes

When I tested for light leaks I found many pin holes in my walls and the plastic that I lined them with. There was also light leaking under the wall plate and in cord penetrations. It was quite enlightening (LOL) to sit in the dark for 5 or 10 minutes. It was amazing how much light was getting in the room. @anon95385719 is steering you in the right direction. Light is very sneakyā€¦

4 Likes