Trouble posting pictures - Need Help!

I’m starting an outdoor grow journal and I can’t get pictures to upload from my iPhone! Ugh. Every time I upload it gets to 100% and then tells me the file size is too large. WTH? I just wasted an hour trying to find a app or a way to resize images to get the file size down to where I could get one to load…with ZERO success.

It can’t possibly be this hard to post a darn picture! Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong and how to get a photo taken on an iPhone to upload into post?

I don’t have an iPhone but try lowering your picture resolution in the camera. That should make it a smaller file size.

2 Likes

Yea. I have that issue sometimes as well. Downloaded a rescale app. It was horrible. Best advice. Take multiple photos of same angle. Sometimes the photo focuses too well. And too many pixels. Also wide scaled photos take more.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s possible to change them on the iPhone. I love the advice on ILGM but I frequent several other forums much more because I’m able to post pictures easily. It’s unfortunate because I think ILGM is th best forum. The shortcoming is that our discussions are SO much better with images. Every other forum software takes images and resizes them to suit the preferences of the forum admin. I don’t know why they can’t do that here? I gotta say, this software SUX. No private messaging either? Maybe it’s better on a desktop but it sure stinks on a phone.

This picture thing is bumming me out. I want to do a grow journal, like I have on other sites; but there’s no point if I can’t upload pix.

1 Like

That stinks I have never had an iPhone so unfortunately they’re like a foreign language to me. Hopefully someone else has one that can help. I agree pics definitely help here.

Have you tried this? Oops guess it’s for video.

I saw that but it’s for video. Not for stills

I spent $5 trying various apps but they just crop pix - they don’t resize the image to a lower resolution. I’m not going to bother to move pix to desktop, resize in photoshop, save separately and upload using desktop (or move back to phone to upload) because that’s 10x more hassle than it’s worth. Especially when I can just include them in a post on EVRY other 420 forum.

Perhaps your camera is just too high falootin. :man_shrugging:

I know that feeling! LMAO! Like me on an android or a PC.

I read that if you have a “paid” membership, you get private messaging. I wonder if you also get easy image upload and resizing (like most forums) with that same “paid” access?

I’m not sure. I haven’t had any problems, and I post high resolution photos all the time. What camera settings are you using, and what is the exact error message you’re getting?

Hahah yep my parents got a new computer and asked me to come help them set it up. I got there found a nice new mac. I spent an hour trying to get it figured out once it was powered up. After that I told them they were on their own lol.

Edit. The paid membership is a different site all together. I can’t remember the name but it’s like Bergman laboratory or something.

That’s what I get. I just spent an hour trying to upload pix to my new grow journal. Sizing and re-sizing. It tells me pix are WAY under that 2000k limit and I STILL get that message. It’s frustrating as hell. Sometimes it’ll accept a picture and sometimes it won’t. Once I get that message, though, I can just give up; because the system wouldn’t let me upload a line pixel, much less a picture. Now, I’m a big forum guy - I participate in a BUNCH of forums on a variety of topics (and have for 15+ years!) and this is the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had with forum software.

What amazes me even more is that not a single moderator has shown up to help me resolve the issue. That’s why I posted it here. I would have thought that support was monitoring what looks like a support forum - not just members helping members.

1 Like

What size is the file you’re trying to upload?

This is my plant 5 weeks old should this be taller than this it’s Gelato auto

and tips please