Trouble Popping Gorilla Glue Auto

I’m having a hell of a time getting Gorilla Glue auto seeds to germinate . Seeds are from ILGM and customer support has been great . The last 5 I tried soaking in distilled water aerated with oxygen , 75 deg in dark . After 4 days and still no signs of popping I took some of the water from that glass and dropped 2 of my Blue Dream seeds “from ILGM” in it , both popped and had 1/4 inch tails in 30hrs . I’m at a loss with these GG autos . Any advice would be great .

1 Like

I left mine in my grow tent on the ground far from the light. They popped after 4 days, they seem to be much slower than the white widow and the diesel. Hang in there man patience is a virtue.

1 Like

How long did you leave them?
Did you try a bit of peroxide?
You can also sand one side of the shell to make it thinner I’ve heard.
Some. Seeds can take two weeks some take two days

1 Like

@LoveGrowingirls … welcome to our happy community.

1 Like

I have found for most of my seeds. They take forever to pop using h202 if they do pop. Straight tap water always has them open with in 36 hours for me. Just a thought. And some just take a while no matter what you do. I have great luck using the zip lock bag with the moist towel in it. I keep it on a heat mat at 78 degrees.

I have tried the GG auto several different ways , from just soaking in water, to soaking 24 hrs in water then to paper towels , not soaking and in moist paper towels , jiffy pellets to soaking 24hrs and put in jiffy pellets . I have never ever had such a problem germinating before . I’m trying my last 3 seeds in water with a few drops of new peroxide . Time will tell. Blue Dreams are starting well , just didn’t want to start any till March . I kind of feel like it was a unexpected pregnancy . I’ll love them and raise them , just wasn’t expecting them so soon.

1 Like

I placed 2 seeds in soil aka directly into my grow buckets. They barely had a tap root so I expected them to fail. But the time in the soil under my 260xl lights they managed to pop and grow. Now I have 5 babies. I don’t think the 2 seeds would have popped if I hadn’t upgraded my lights.

1 Like

OK , ILGM did send replacement seeds , great customer service BTW . I dropped 2 seeds in water and in less than 24hrs tap roots . The 2 Blue Dreams are also doing well . Not really sure of the plan of action I’m going to take with them but I’m sure they will be great .

1 Like

The Blue dream has to be the best smelling plant I have grown. if you like sweet smells. You will love it.

First pack of seeds I ordered, Mixpack, got delayed in shipping. Just went off the grid for almost two weeks, then finally started moving again and showed up a little over three weeks from shipment date.
Of the original 15 seeds I got about 4 or 5 to grow. Three of those looked like some kind of mutants. Most seeds sprouted a tail but died of all kinds of weird things. I wondered if they were xrayed or radiated or something else to cause so many problems. Newer seeds have shown none of the same problems. If it hadn’t been a mixpack I might have thought a bad round of genetics…but all three strains were odd ducks.

1 Like

I know another that had similar issues with the seeds they got. They cracked then turned to mush. Strange

I was or am growing the Blue Dream for my wife , she absolutely loves Blue Dream . As far as the seeds not popping , I was going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong . I’m guessing they got hit by a good x-ray scan. I worked at some of the x-ray stations at rail road crossings from Canada to the U.S. and they are no joke .

1 Like

Yeah, I had a couple do exactly that too.

1 Like

Snap_014 Close up of the only seed that germinated out of the 1st shipment . All of the replacement seeds I have tried so far popped , ILGM has great service. Don’t think she is to far away from harvist .

1 Like

Snap_045 Some are starting to get milky.

1 Like

Chopped , Dried and in jars curing . Super impressed with the yield . Ended up with just a hair over 6oz of Bud . I have 2 more growing 1 looks just like the last plant, short and very bushy while the other is a lot taller and slimmer . Even the leaves on the taller one are longer and slimmer. Glad I decided to buy from ILGM , great customer service replaced seeds that did not pop with no hassle.