Trouble in the tent

I’m a 1 day into the 4th week of flower of my 1st grow. I have 3 plants and 2 of them seem to be doing just fine. The 3rd has started showing significant symptoms that are spreading quickly. As referenced in the pictures: leaf tips are curling

both up & down (tips) as well as downward curling of the sides. This is primarily on one branch/cola. There is also significant leaf discoloration that has occurred within the last 24 hours in several areas throughout the plant, mostly on upper leaves. I am thinking nutrient burn? All nutrients are the same, but I did introduce molasses the past two feedings. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on what may be occurring as well as possible solutions. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi
Not an expert but something similar happened to one of my plant. I did a flush with just water ph to 6.2
No nuts till recover.
In my case curling was from P def

2 Likes

Upper leaves looked clawed. You Might have a nitrogen toxicity.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback

1 Like

More pics of plants in natural light please. Include the whole plant.

Also, filling out a support ticket will help the community help you. :+1:

3 Likes

Probably using too much N - highly doubt molasses will cause any harm less your doing some crazy amount per gallon.

Flush won’t hurt this early in the game, sometimes I flush anyways before starting flower. More than likely you had a good amount of N stored already and when she switched over to flower she needed less and instead P&K

2 Likes

When in doubt flush em out.

3 Likes

My opinion which aint much is

Youre in week 4 truth is there is minimal need for nitrogen at all now.
Obviously something is off balance. P definately looks suspicious by the way of the burns but
In overall dont waste time and plant energy guessing at it. Give her a decent phed flush
I usually follow with a rounded feed and some fresh microbes. All at the same time. No need to keep pots soaked for days. About 3-4 days theyll want feeds again. At this point p k calmag and molasses are key. But dont bury them in em as youll want to clean them up easily at the end
Less is more is how they say with nutes. I run 1/2 strength unless i see the plant ask for more. Thats with any brand nutes ive used so far. But im kinda new n def not a pro. I go through battles with em too.

3 Likes

Moleasses can breed a shit load of nasty bacteria that is probably why your leaves have gone necrotic. I’d rally back off on any organics and sugars that will feed them. Allow to dry out before watering. They like really wet conditions

1 Like

Molasses is good unless in hydro system with lines and a res to gum up.
Now i dont see an advantage to going over the 1tbsp per gal dose but in reality the bacterias are part of the good in the soil. Feeding those microbes n bacterias properly does make a positive difference In any soil/coco type grow.
Again im no pro but ive never seen or heard of plants going necrotic from molasses. Necrotic is from being starved. And would suck the green out to yellow n brown spots first
then go dry n curl. In my experience anyways.

Im no pro but id stick with basic. 6.2ph as said above
that # seems to work all around for me. Flush her out n give a light (like1/2strength) balanced feed with calmag bumped. Then hit pk booster in a few days to get them up in there. Use the full dose of calmag in flower it is pretty much all the n you need at this point. They eat it up. Just cut it at week 6-7 depending how long you expect em to go.
A bag of recharge goes a long ways. or my fav so far skunk labs microbe complete. Get the medium right the rest is smooth sailing. Those bacterias do things we cant. I am not sure the exact effects of new microbes late in flower though. Im done rambling on now. Just my 2¢

1 Like

I appreciate all of the feedback!
Not sure where to find the “support ticket”.
I flushed each plant (5 gal pot) with 4 gallons of water. Run off was 1,500 - 2,000ppm.
Beginning of the grow I wasn’t feeding enough and apparently I’ve gone too far in the other direction.
I plan to cut out the P, as I was still including that in their feed.
I’m totally into the grow, but it freaks me out when things start going wrong.

Hold on do not cut the p or k
I would have left tge 2ok ones alone but
Cutting p for sure at this point will make them eat themselves
right now is peak demand time. Theyre gonna want all that for a couple weeks still. Nitro less than p and k.

After looking closer at the leaves it defiantly is pattern browning. I think @rooted is correct in that it’s over feeding and a good flush and lower nutes will help.

2 Likes

I do see evidence of burn in 1 of the others as well as possibly the 3rd plant. Hopefully flushing all 3 was the right approach. Based on all comments I figured cutting back on N was appropriate and that is something I didn’t realize going into flower. I am thinking that I should go ahead with my other 2 Foxfarm trio as well as Calmag. Should I wait a couple of days to feed or go ahead and feed now? Also, not sure if I should continue with molasses or skip. The plants were looking so awesome, ouch! Hopefully I will still get some reward.