Trolmaster Usage

Anyone using a Trolmaster to control their grow environment?

2 Likes

I am not, but the guy at the local grow store does. It’s at the top of my wish list, so I have talked to him at length and played around on the app.

If you have specific questions, ask, and I should be able to get an answer within 48 hours… I tend to be at the store that frequently anyway! :man_facepalming:

1 Like
  • Clarification: Basic Hydro x and Aqua x systems. I don’t know anything about the pro (Other than it’s shiny!:drooling_face:)
1 Like

Basic hydro x. I have a pair of PLC lights I built that use Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B drivers. They can be controlled using 0-10v control voltage but don’t have RJ plugs. I want to understand if they have a controller for them. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

For the lights, there are different connectors/adapters for the different light types. You can also get the outlets for the trolmaster, that let you plug existing equipment in and set parameters.

3 Likes

Search for trolmaster dsp-1. I think that’s what you’re looking for. Appears to convert RJ to 120v outlet.

2 Likes

While I don’t dim my LED’s, I have connected the LED drivers dimming circuits to my PLC 0 - 10 volt analog output module (as an experiment) and the dimming works just as you would expect it to.

There are three ways to dim meanwell drivers:
#1 use a 10K ohm potentiometer (other values will work)
#2 use a PWM signal
#3 use 0 - 10 volt

3 Likes

Thanks for all the great information. I current run my lights using a zigbee 0-10v controller through my SmartThings hub. It is all wireless and works great. The zigbee controller is hard to get your hands on. I tried to order through alibaba but you need to be a company and I’m not. I’m thinking of the future and expansion. I’m trying to figure out how much work it would be to get the basic x to work with my lights. I’ll check the dap-1 out.

2 Likes

I’m expanding to separate veg and flower spaces, and will be adding the Aqua x to control watering for both zones. I would like to add hydro x (or hydro x pro :heart_eyes:!) around this time next year when I convert to hydro.

1 Like