Trimming should I do it

I have 2 plants that are in 50 days of flower and it is still full of leaves. I’m just wondering if I should be lollipoping them I see no way for air or light to get to the lower parts of the flowers

Every time I water I take leaves away in flower. It definitely helps light penetration to lower canopy, that way it mitigates the amount of airy buds you get. Get to cutting brother…chop chop lol

1 Like

I did do some trimming when I first put it into 12/12 but have not done much after. The buds are just getting so big I’m worried the lower parts of the buds will not get the air flow to not start molding

1 Like

Yep you got it. Any leaf with a visible stem would be getting cut if it was my plant lol

1 Like

Or any leaf that is bigger than my palm

1 Like

Oh the real big leaves are gone well dried I still don’t know what to do with them but just have a hard time throwing them out

1 Like

LOL The forest outside my house is full of cannabis trim. Leaves, branches, larf, popcorn buds, all of it goes to the forest. I had thought the deer or some other creatures would have taken the pile of fresh cut material as a free meal. Not so much, they have no interest in eating my trimmings so the piles grow.

Many folks make extracts and edibles from the trim.

3 Likes

The sugar leaves go towards making butter. The popcorn buds I keep for rolling gigantic monster doobies to pass around. The fan leaves go into the compost.

4 Likes

I think I read that you can make bubble hash from fan leaves and I’m trying to find some way to make an ointment for pain from the roots

I have not tried this but it seems like there would be very little yield for the effort.

1 Like

I think they’re referring to the sugar leaves, not the fan leaves.
I know what my fan leaves look like around harvest and there’s very little, if any, useable resin on them.

3 Likes