Trimming during flower

Hi All,

I’m in week 2 of flower. I’m Curious if you have some rules to flower by when it comes to trimming leaves and lower bud spots. I see a lot of people on here remove ALL their fan leaves in flower. I would have thought this would make it harder to absorb light and might shrink my buds.

More Opinions the better!

1 Like

Don’t remove any leaves until you are done with the stretch from transition to flower (typically around day 21 of flower) :call_me_hand:t3::v:

3 Likes

and what do you target in that trim? fans? small lower buds? if so how farm down from the light do you go? or is it more about what bud sites can see the light?

1 Like

I usually remove the entire bottom third of the plants foliage. Bud and leaves included. I also defoliate heavier than most too. I just try to make sure every bud site is getting light and plenty of airflow and however many leaves it takes to make that happen varies from plant to plant

3 Likes

I start training the plant as early as possible. I remove what I know will be unproductive growth

I lollipop my plants preflower.

Later on (about 3 weeks into flower or so), I’ll come back and remove every leaf not connected to a bud site that I want to keep.

3 Likes