Trimming..before or after drying?

You prefer to do your trimming before or after hanging them to dry? And why?

1 Like

A lot of people like wet over dry. I have always dry trimmed 1) because I live in an area with very low humidity so leaving them intact while hanging to dry slows down the drying time. 2) I use all the sugar leaf trim to make QWET for edibles.

3 Likes

Wet.

Dry trimming knocks more tricombs off
When dry trimming all the leafs shrivvle up into the bud, I find this much more difficult to trim then wet trimming.

Dry trimming would be ideal in the sence that the dry process is lengthened but aside from that I don’t like it.

@Caligurl so much harder and time consuming through lol

4 Likes

I wet trim the day before harvest.

4 Likes

Your boost your tch if allowing plants 48hr in darkness. You trim the day before you harvest? How is that possible lol sounds like a huge hassle while. It’s all still attached to the plant.

2 Likes

I do dry trimming because it’s easier to get those perfectly manicured buds but you’ll have more good quality trim for extracts. 1st time I recommend doing a wet trim though just so you have a better understanding of the anatomy of a bud.

4 Likes

I dry trim. I used to hate it but my dry trim buds have come out smoking so much more smoother than wet trimmed. Plus the kief that comes out of the dry trimmings is awesome

3 Likes

Last year I dry trimmed. This year i plan on wet trimming and freezing trim and pop corn buds for bubble hash.

Fan leafs while wet… dry and then trim sugar leafs

1 Like

Not a hassle. Actually quite easy.

To be clear, any trichomes produced by the plant must age to be any use.

Yes this is what Curring is for

I do a quick wet trim at harvest and finish dry

1 Like

I prefer trimming wet. Plus I’m going to try washing my buds this time, so I want to get all the leaves off, wash, then hang to dry.

1 Like

I wet trim and after its dry and ready to cure ill manicure when I clip the buds off the branches

1 Like

Wet trim is my preference, wet trim is made into vape oil, or let dry and make RSO