Trim, Flower kind of lost?

Yeah people like to do things differently. You can either leave the really low bud sites that aren’t getting light, or remove some other foliage to give those bud sites more light. Since you have done training and have the plant relatively short, remove a bit of other foliage to allow light to the other bud sites would be my recommendation… If you didn’t train and left the plant to grow on its own then trimming the lower bud sites that just won’t amount to anything makes more sense, as that is just robbing the other bud sites of more energy for little reward.

3 Likes

Looking good Bro, and I’m old school as well. Like you said drop a bean, water, dry and smoke. I moved indoors last year and what an education I got from the indoor growers on here. Chopping 1 down tomorrow or Friday. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

im a big follower of the kiss rule “keep it simple stupid “ the more simple i can make things the better. this indoor stuff is a whole whack load of info.

2 Likes

I like it. Give them a even chance to grow and reach the light. This also gives you the ability to decide a little later, like dearly flower, which ones to keep for the long haul and which ones can get culled.

1 Like

Looking a lot better

1 Like

@Dankloud yeah I am considering trimming a few of those leaf’s off, mainly lower larger ones and a few larger ones higher up. Just kind of hesitant as I’m not 100% sure which are ok to trim. That’s pretty much why I re arranged things. Wasn’t sure if at this point in flowering if it would cause any issues.

2 Likes

Yeah It is hard for me to advise on how much to take off… Most say it is a good idea to leave a few mature leaves though as they produce the most sugars for plant growth. I usually start by removing the absolute lowest leaves as they are usually really small and at this point won’t do much good anyways. Then I take out any bud sites that really don’t look worth keeping. Finally I just go through and try to remove just enough for the remaining bud sites to get good light and proper air flow.

2 Likes

Makes sense, I can do that, Thanks

Ok silly question, by now I should probably know this but we’ll I don’t. What is the white tentacles looking things called, just noticed they are all over and going crazy.
@Dankloud @Mark0427 @OGIncognito @beardless @Randy_Marsh @Dr.ofSmokology

1 Like

Yup those are how you know you are in flower! Those are the pistils. These eventually are the red/orange hairs on your weed. They turn red/orange as they age. You will start seeing a ton more. If you look at my picture below and zoom in, you can see the hairs all bundled together. They start off straight like yours, then retract, then turn red/orange.

3 Likes

Gotcha, they weren’t there yesterday, or I just didn’t notice, now that I cleaned things up I am seeing stuff I didn’t know was there.

2 Likes

Yeah it is always a good idea to spend some time with the plants!

1 Like

It’s to the point don’t want to go to work, just want to stay home and watch. Have a camera set up so I can see them from work, makes me feel a little better anyways lol.

1 Like

Actually, those are properly called Stigmas.

Here is a really neat picture I just found.

3 Likes

Hmmm every other picture you look at the white tentacles are labeled pistils, maybe it has more than one name? And this is why I failed science!

If you look at the one I posted, you can see that the Pistil contains the Ovule, Style, and Stigmas. So the Stigmas are at least part of the Pistil.

2 Likes

The cannabis community uses the word pistillate to refer to female cannabis plants, which are more economically valuable as they produce colas with buds full of cannabinoids. When a cannabis plant just begins to flower, it exhibits white hair-like structures on its buds, which are often incorrectly referred to as pistils, but are in fact stigmas. Stigmas make up part of the pistil, the only visible part since the rest is covered by a small leaf called the bract.
This was off Weedmaps

2 Likes

Yup. That’s an on point representation of the picture for sure! I’m going to bookmark that.

2 Likes

Is that a Skittlez? Growing a few with one coming down tomorrow. Nice purple if it’s not :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

No it is actually a Blueberry! Definitely like the hints of purple here and there. Curious to see if any of the bud turns purple as she gets older. I think maybe a month left.

1 Like