Trim a lot ? or leave it go?

1 Like

I am still pretty new to this. That being said I would trim her back. 1st you will get better air flow through your plant. 2nd your lights can really get to all the spots it needs to. 3rd I find that it encourages growth. I have mostly been pleasantly surprised opening the tent the next day and see all the new growth because the plant has more energy for new growth.

The only reason I can think to not trim, is she wont look as gorgeous as she does now for a few days. Like getting a bad hair cut. Lol.

Befor

Aftet trim

And 4 days later

3 Likes

Ok will do today :slight_smile: Going to do some LST anyway so might as well do some trimming. IT really is pretty lol hate to give it a bad haircut but I will

2 Likes

Ya, she looks very nice. And if u wait a little some of the really good growers will come tell you secrets too. Lol. Ohh welcome to the site to.

@DankGunslinger, @MrPeat, @dbrn32, @blackthumbbetty, @AAA , I have been reading those growers. I forgot a bunch . There is alot of knowledge here.

4 Likes

What strain is it? Age? When are you planning on flipping to bloom?

1 Like

GDP, Flipped now and between 5 and 6 weeks.

Might be getting late to do too much LST, because she’ll be losing her flexibility soon AND gaining pistils/buds. Just be careful as you’re bending her and manipulating her.

I don’t trim much, myself, but I think most people say to trim up w/in the first few weeks after flip, then let her be til near harvest time. I might be misremembering. @Myfriendis410

5 Likes

I’m with Betty I don’t trim much myself they use the leafs to create sugar so you can trim a few but you want to wait a few weeks so she can recover

5 Likes

Trimmed a little, LST was successful was very careful on tie down and bend. Just needed to have some control,because of my small 2x2x4 tent.

I do trim some leaves off. So the other parts can get light. I do feed them with sugar water. Talking like 2 teaspoons w wet 3 days or so.

I was talk that this year from another grower while running a fireworks stand. I thought she was pulling my leg but it turns out to be true. This is what happens if you don’t trim it gets out of hand and this was just 1 minister from trimming.

The baby does look good so fsr.

3 Likes

Exactly. Looking at your plant I was going to say; trim what? It looks fine. If you are worried about airflow add a fan. Like @Hogmaster said though; leaves produce the sugar the plant needs to make flower so be leery of any leaf you remove.

4 Likes

I’m a fan of selective defoliation meaning there has to be a reason I’m removing the leaf. If one leaf being removed helps 2 or more preflower sites grow - worth it. Less than 2 and I leave the leaf unless it is showing signs of necrosis. Looking good :+1: best of luck

4 Likes

I take off the big fan leaves. Especially when they are bigger than my hand. I also search for leaves that are dying and they get pulled as well.

Also the leaves I pull will be the ones that are blocking light to the other buds.

1 Like

Love all the good advice here. Find what works for you and grow grow grow.

1 Like

I don’t trim leaves either, most of my grow knowledge is old school and I used to laugh at guys that would strip the leaves as they are in essence the plants solar panels.

But, thats what is crazy about growing, a million different styles for a million or more different types of growers.

My biggest advice is don’t do anything drastically. Small tweaks in your grow will keep things stable. As you stack up more of these small tweaks, you will start to see patterns which will guide you further.

5 Likes

@SeaSeaside_guy1 micro grows are the best. I have room for a huge tent, but with a curious 7 year old boy running around this tent is much easier to convince him its a wardrobe and nothing fun inside. Lol. If it was 4x4 or something he would want to play in it. I am in a 20x20x48inchs tent. Tiny. Good luck and post a few pics of your lst and trim

1 Like

@Axemanjake23 I couldn’t grow in the small space. I like big colas and your small space could maybe hold 15% of my beast of a GSC.

1 Like

Yeah @MrPeat she is a beast. Massive and something to be proud of. When growing becomes legal where I live, I will deffently be picking your brain on big colas. And will have a dedicated grow room. :grin:

Few pics of my tiny space today.

3 Likes

@Axemanjake23 That plant looks healthy and happy. :+1:

2 Likes