Tried a journal…

High,
Thanks man…
Cool, I’ve been plucking leaves, extra air flow and sun penetration. I kinda figured it was natural but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

Hey @Gerant was wondering how the girls are handling the frost? I’ve had 2 nights so far, and so far so good, but have more cold nights coming at the end of the week.

2 Likes

High,
Leaves are taking a hit but the colas are good. Leaves have brown spots and kinda crumbly…Need about a week and all will be finished except for the Maui. She’s stubborn and won’t finish till close to mid November…I have a blanket for her. Lol
So, really so far so good
Happy growin
Ger

4 Likes

I know you’re temperatures are getting chilly, Looking at middle 40s here and daytime temperatures in the 70s , ill be chopping soon myself, But Dude you need a Cannabis Grow Award this year, You have some serious Buds going on, Im Happy as Hell myself I’m enjoying this fresh smoke and I have a nice winter stash Cheers :beer:

4 Likes

High,
Thanks man, I appreciate that. it’s not over yet, getting close.
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

When you Chop, You gonna have a Big Smile, You will be hanging up some nice Buds to Dry :bat::bat::sunglasses:

2 Likes

As funny as this sounds, cannabis can actually do quite well beat up and knocked sideways. It can expose some of the side buds that otherwise wouldn’t get much light. Ive had some hail damaged plants do really well. I had a plant that got blown down clone its branches in the dirt and start new plants.

1 Like

I don’t mind 34 degrees American for my plants, as long as they are dry. The terpines just pop! They get serious trichome production. Some strains actually will tolerate snow. The Himalayan strains usually go until snowfall, definitely into the frost.

2 Likes

You got a good crop last year right? May I suggest you change out that soil for the next grow. You may introduce disease into your soil if you dont. Typically a crop should be rotated. Cannabis is no different if you cant rotate then dig out the soil and use it elsewhere in your yard. Replace with fresh stuff. Lookd reall good again this year man…

2 Likes

High,
Yep I planned on maybe doing a few in bags next summer and leave this garden alone for next summer. That’s my plan anyway. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.
Happy growin
Ger

2 Likes

I have heard that cannabis plants actually can thrive in cold weather, Never really left them out when the temperatures dropped down , looks like I’m going to try this year, Big Girl still has White Pistols and needs a few more weeks , this particular plant grew the biggest and flowered the latest , and has a strong smell of some type of fruit, should be very good smoke

1 Like

Key thing… keep air moving around the plant. Any risk of frost, water the ground around your plants. Keep plants as dry as possible

3 Likes

High,
Hey I heard soy beans put nitrogen back into the soil. I may grow some beans next year, do you think I would still have to dig up the current soil and if so how deep should I go?
Thanks in advance
Happy growin
Ger

Sure you can plant soybeans or radishes, clover, there are loads of plants that are good for nutrient replenishment as well as aeration. If you can get some well rotted manure or rabbit poo or deer or alpaca or lama… put that shit on the ground in the fall and turn it in about a shovel head deep. By spring that ground should be good to go. I typically dont plant the same crop in the same spot each year because it can begin to host soil born pathogens or pests. When you switch crops around it keeps the bad stuff guessing. They dont get a chance to set up shop.
Just went out to the garden, the black Afghan is dank as phuck! Oh my gosh…!

Super greasy

8 Likes

High,
Yep kids own a large farm cattle and hogs. Big poo is nasty probably get cattle instead. Should be just fine maybe clover that would attract other insects too. I don’t know yet. I know for sure it will get a good amount of fish and fish material over the winter.
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

If you leave more space between plants you can plant radishes, and carrots and other food ground crops. Even throw some crimson clover down. I know it seems counterintuitive to have fewer plants but you might improve your yield? Cannabis plants sewn by hand in a field grow tall and skinny, the same seed planted further apart may grow a bush. The way you train that bush determines the overall shape. I can fill that entire fenced in area with 2 plants of the right strain. Partly because a larger Afghan would greatly exceed the fence height and need to be bent or staked down. Trust me a big plant will fill that area just fine.
Oh and when the plants finally fill that space you can harvest your radishes and cover crops… simply knock them down and compost them right there.

2 Likes

Yeah its a very viney plant with super dense and greasy nugs

Covers a lot of real-estate and smells like a mountain of NFL dirty gym bags. The rub smells sweet and not as filthy. My daughter touched a bud and said " ewe this stinks and it wont come off, how do I get it off me dad ?" I olive oil and bar soap works :laughing:

8 Likes

High,
I believe I could fill this area with two plants too but I haven’t rotated so I’m just gonna grow in buckets or bags next grow and let this soil rest. I’ll amend as well with fish and “fish stuff”.
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

I was going to suggest grow bags, fresh soil every year. You will lose some height though lol :laughing:, just do some more bending.

2 Likes

Wonder if mabey tilling up the ground would help, i thought about doing my little area, spraying some Agrowlyte on the soil :man_shrugging:

2 Likes