Trichomes say yes, Pistils say no

Long heatwave here in northern CA has had negative impact on everything I tried to grow this year - corn, melons, strawbs all grew smaller than when I planted them.

Here are pics as close-up as I could get of trichomes of a “Forbidden Fruit” plant. it is outdoors, the plant only grew to about 30" and pretty light. To my novice eye, the trichomes look ready but the white tendrils do not. Harvest?
Thanks for any opinions!
-Mark

3 Likes
3 Likes

It should keep producing trichomes for a little bit, I think you’re better off letting them get that bud swell.

3 Likes

As long as you have actively growing pistils without foxtails then she’s adding bulk. Milky just means mature THC.

How about an overall look of the plant and a bud in it’s glory lol?

6 Likes

Trichomes are definitely the most reliable source of where your plant truly is. Can’t always rely on hairs as all plants are different. And by no means am I a expert. Just spent countless hours reading lol. Harvest time is also about preference. I definitely see a good bit of Amber tint in those pics. These guys above have a bit more real grow knowledge. I second @Myfriendis410 pic of whole plant.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Let that lady bulk up a bit. Think she has more weight to put on for ya

5 Likes

Pretty plant, not yet. Two weeks? Three?

3 Likes

We hit it the same time with the same thing haha.

1 Like

Great minds right? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

And just for my education, would you call those trichromes about half-cloudy? I have a more powerful magnifier on order, should arrive tomorrow and hopefully will get better imaging of them…

The pics r kinda tough to judge. Id say u have a fair bit of cloudy. Most the ambers are on sugar leaves. You always check trich progress of the buds thenselves not sugar leaves. Wouldnt cut without a closer inspection

1 Like

At least another 2-3 weeks. :+1:

2 Likes

I was sooo expecting u earlier when me and @Myfriendis410 agreed. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: What week of flower

Here are more pics of the same plant, through a new (very cheap) plastic lens. Looks to me like a mix of clear, cloudy/half-cloudy and a few amber. Hard to get good pics through the loupe but in the eyeball I could see some areas that were all cloudy, and some areas that were predominately clear. Most areas seem to be cloudy and half-cloudy with occasional clear.

3 Likes

That looks fully mature to me. These are all from flower and not sugar leaves? If so it might be time to think about your end game.

See quite a bit of sugar leaves. But the buds looks pretty ripe to me as well. One more photo. Try to focus on calyx with hairs sticking out

The buds are well covered in sugar leaves, which I’ll leave. The above pics are as close in as I can get along the sides of the bud.

These additional pics are as close in as I can get to the top of the bud, (shown also in a wider view) looking down at the top, fwiw.

2 Likes

Definitely seeing hues of amber on buds…