Trichomes or PM? Sour Smell, Advice on First Grow

Need advice. Plant smells sour? Is this PM or just frosty? How is it doing? Thinking to start flush for 2 weeks in a couple days. Trichomes are clear under loupe still. Haven’t gotten the hang of the microscope yet to get pics.

Indoor 2x3 New420Guy Critical 47 auto. Week 6 Flower. Tap water with air pump x 24 hours to dechlorinate,
PH 6.7, Tiger Bloom and Molasses every other water (3 days - 1/2 Gal) CocoLoco in 3 Gallon Fabric.
LED 100 RSpec 18/6
Temps - 75f
RH (high) around 55-60

1 Like

If you can wipe it off, its pm. That looks like sticky icky to me!

I wouldnt start flush just yet you look to have at least 2 weeks, likely longer. Your smells are likely just starting to get funky, define sour, like sour milk or sour diesel?
Plant looks great 2 me!

4 Likes

Doesn’t wipe off. Plucked a sugar leaf to get a closer look at the edges there because I thought it looked fuzzy. I couldn’t tell much, besides Trichomes. It smells dank in the room outside of the closet, but once I get up close it’s a musty smell with a hint of sweetness. The resin smells okay when I touch the buds. Just worried about that RH, and wanted to get some experienced eyes on it. Some houseplants outside of the grow closet have had mold issues in cheap soil, but I have isolated them. Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

55-60% rh isnt too bad, as long as you have the circulation to match it. Your plant looks well spaced and plenty of airflow through the plant and around the buds. I have read that soil will start stinking if its got bad bacteria, give it a whiff at the soil level. Looking at your plant and looking at your data my reply is… as long as your soil doesnt smell rotten, your dope is gonna be dope! Maybe stop molasses, i think molasses smells sweetly sour personally.What kinda terps in critical 47 auto, might account for smell.

1 Like

This is your first grow! Well done growmie!

2 Likes

Thanks. Yep, first grow. Trying to see her finish out. Like every new hobby I pick up, it definitely is not as easy as it looks on YT. Glad for people and a community to go to for advice. I can’t believe I didn’t think about the sweet/sour smell from the molasses! I’m going to get up close to the soil tomorrow and check that out too.
Looks like the primary terpene is myrcene, followed by terpinoline. It was a bonus seed I got with an order.

1 Like

Hell of a bonus! Yes without this forum, Id be lost.
Im still fairly new myself. Been growing for 17 months now.

As for your terps.

This could be a culprit.

No its for sure not as easy as they make it on youtube.

Tag me anytime friend, if I can help I so will.

1 Like

She looks good. Dont see PM from the pics… Just looks like she’s getting that good stuff on her.

1 Like

What do you think, time wise? Want more of a relaxed anxiety reducer

1 Like

I still see some clearness. At least another week for my eyes. Beautiful work my friend.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m trying to be patient, but it’s not working very well.

1 Like