Trichomes - how far from harvest?

Plant itself looks fine, no smell…oh apart from the beautiful aroma of parfume de weed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Humm, they all seem fine, Have you been spraying/misting them? maybe it’s the strain? Hope someone pops in that can help more though. I’ve seen lot darker,it maybe nothing to worry about.

I’m outa likes👍

1 Like

Thank you for your input. Appreciated. As you said maybe it is the strain.
No misting as I did not want to make them wet/damp. They are getting a mix of plain ph5.5 filtered water and rotate with bigga bud.

1 Like

I am not sure on that? Don’t seem like mold would show black like that but let’s get some pros in here. @Missiles @garrigan62 @Midwestnewbie could y’all take a look at the couple of post up and see if that is mold. Getting a black color to the bud.

3 Likes

I’m not too sure about that. It does look like it’s something though because even the trichomes look affected. I’ll tag @PurpNGold74 @elheffe702 also

3 Likes

Black growth on plants is NOT a good thin.
Suggest you harvest what is NOT black and get ready to start the new improved better grow.

1 Like

Im not sure. Doesnt look to be a mold at all. More like strain coloring. But that is pretty dark… does it… wipe off?

3 Likes

I was just looking at it thinking I like the color profile. Looks like it is something the plant did on purpose from pics.

3 Likes

Never seen this. Wow! @dbrn32 or @Myfriendis410 can yall explain?

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74
I can not see it with the naked eye and they look fine without a scope. I have not tried to wipe it off but I will when I next check the trichomes.

@TXCanna
I am hoping the same, it has a nice purple haze.

1 Like

I just took more images and most of the buds are the same. Just a thought…could it be to do with the microscope, as most things I check have a black background??

The close up bud pics it looks black. The ones standing back it looks purple. Could just be the microscope zoomed in. I have a strain called Granddaddy Black. I haven’t grown it yet but the all the pics from other growers it’s a very black bud. Idk maybe storm Google for more answers.

1 Like

Curious to know what happened here, was it the strain, mold, or ? Did you harvest?

2 Likes

Hi, @Teacherttom1
Not harvested yet but I did take a few buds to dry and also to cut open. All good!
Nice and green inside with no nasty smell, and it smoked beautifully. The plant has gone some really nice dark purples so I would say it is the strain.

3 Likes

Awesome! Good to here for sure! Some strains are pretty colorful, post a pic when you can.

2 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s input. I harvested the plant last night and amazingly it was just over on ounce - wet. probably half dry lol.

That is the end of my growing experience as I did not get clones or have any more seeds.
So it’s good bye from me. :grin::wave:

2 Likes

Sad to see u go my friend. What strain was that?? That black was official

1 Like