Trichomes how do they look?

Should it be ph water? How long do I flush for?

Always PH water, run 3x at the very minimum through the container. So 5 gallon 15 gallon flush.

I use a USB microscope and harvest at 30% Amber (on the buds not the leafs)

2 Likes

For final flush, no need to ph. Whatā€™s a lockout going to do at this point? Youā€™re trying to strip the soil of nutrients anyway.

1 Like

You still want the plant to drinkā€¦

Sheā€™ll still take on water (unless the soil is so acidic enough it causes root damage) thereā€™ll just be some nutrients that canā€™t be absorbed depending on the what range of ph the soil is at. I flushed at a ph of 7.4 (my normal tap water) for two weeks and was still having to water every other day.

Some folks purposefully go in real acidic for the last few weeks to try and bring out colors in the buds.

Mine is supposed to be purple I can see edges of sugar leafs turning

Definitely see purple coming through. Is that a Critical Puple Auto?:open_umbrella:

Why yes it is a Critical Purple Auto.
She has been a dream plant to grow up until a week ago.

Can I still bring out her colors or is it too late?
@fRIEDfRED

Iā€™ve heard tale you can bring out more color just before harvest by dropping your pH. Probably should ask the experts that have actually done it. Critical Purple can be very high in THC, up to 27%, if your patient and donā€™t pull the plug too early. :blush: Enjoy!

Iā€™m struggling with that because the plant is trying to die on me

Iā€™m trying to keep her going. Iā€™m going to try to feed her a couple more times at least. Then start the flush. I have another growing who isnā€™t as far along as this one with no problems yet. @fRIEDfRED

They definitely look stressed and out of balance. @Carol4486. I saw another thread with similar symptoms but canā€™t find it so I repost your pictures and tag to ā€œQuestions for the Experts.ā€ Hopefully youā€™ll get some help. Wishing you the best!

Yes they were probably mine Iā€™ve asked about my problem child and got some excellent advice.

:+1: Happy Growing!!!

The purple is coming in :+1::sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Now ur just showing off (just kidding):heart_eyes_cat:
Iā€™m jealous!!!

See my hair in there? Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find lots of them itā€™s everywhere

The test bud I pulled is curing now but it already smells amazing after two days and it was a low under bud

2 Likes

My CP is a lot lighter green in color and no sign of purple but youā€™re a lot further along. Instead of hair I have spider webs from the mites :joy:. Still treating and think Iā€™m gaining some control, not sure yet.

Did you figure out what was going on with your leaves?

@fRIEDfRED I think I just overfed it sucked up a bunch of nitrogen and burned the leaves but itā€™s not getting worse. Iā€™ve been using Epsom salts and molasses to up the magnesium and calcium. I gave her light feeding last time and she did great. I full fed today and her ph is back up from 5.9 to 6.2 so itā€™s getting there. I want to try and feed for two more weeks. Lots of cloudy trichomes but not much amber yet. Playing it by ear at this point

1 Like