Trichome Maturation 101

Beautiful plants! Where can I find that chart? Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I downloaded that chart from the General Hydroponics website. I grow in an RDWC system and was told to use the “Light Feed” regimen.

Try switching light schedule to 10 14

1 Like

Where can I do this?

1 Like

10 on, 14 off?

1 Like

Needs to be ILGM genetics.

2 Likes

Or dim them a bit.
You basically try to mimic what happens outside in the fall as the days get shorter and the sun moves south from directly overhead. Some feel it helps buds mature better. Maybe it does. I dim my lights some towards the end.

Yes sir/maam. I do that 2 my ladies for 2 weeks while im flushing them. I currently have my 3x3 on that schedule it helps

What magnification seems to work best?

A white widow i did it took 13-14 weeks before i seen amber trichomes

1 Like

Sorry for late reply, but you’re in good hands here. In hydroponic unit i wouldn’t go to straight water for very long if you choose to do so at all.

You’re going to get a much better look at trichomes in person than we’ll ever see from standard iphone pic. Take a look and use your best judgment. What you want to avoid is having a lot of clear trichomes. They don’t necessarily have to be amber, but very little to no clear.

1 Like

I have a Bruce Banner auto I’m waiting for colour changes too. This was her on April 25th, so that’s 75 days. Coming down Wednesday regardless, over 11 weeks since this pic!

This was her July 3rd…

She’s had nothing but ice cubes for 2 weeks and nothing for the last 4 or 5 days. She refuses to turn amber for me tho!

2 Likes

I got myself an old fashioned magnifying glass. Works great for watching the colors of the trichomes. Those buds @RH_PH, they look very tasty.

1 Like

I also am patiently waiting on amber. My whit

e widow fem is at 9 weeks of flower. Did anyone think their plants smell lessened clise to harvest…buds feel tad oily…

1 Like

Shes beautiful

Thanks. Silva back…
Only my second grow. I’m getting excited to harvest…and cure. My last grow was double tap.

1 Like

o.k. probably a really dumb question but i am at12 weeks veg. with a.k.47 fem. they are 2.5 to 3ft. in 5 gallon and very healthy and bushy. someone said here i should cut the top off of the main stem before switching to flower. iv never done that in 3 grows…if so , where do i cut? and how? anyone??

1 Like

thank you…thank you perfect!!!

@MidwestGuy @Spiney_norman @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

I’m getting a buildup of white “mold”(?) on my clay pebbles on one side of the net pot. RDWC system. Plant is about 4 months old and we’ve been harvesting for a few weeks. Is there anything I can or should do about this?