Trichome help! Time to harvest?

I got mine for <$15 off eBay

Sure do, friend!

Here you go! :v:

1 Like

Reinstalled and got the photo button to work. Zoom button still doesn’t work but can get a good image with the focus zoom wheel.

1 Like

@Blazin_Skywalker Anticipation for BoM must be killing you. Rooting for ya!

1 Like

@WickedAle I have the same software. You don’t need to push the button on the microscope to take a picture. Go to the capture pull down menu and when you hit that you will see (Take a picture). That way you have less of a chance of moving your scope when taking a picture.
If you already knew that sorry for being redundant.

1 Like

Yes I was able to figure out both. Thanx!

1 Like

Thank you! Eh, if I’m going to be honest, I have fragmented feelings… the whole disacknowledgment of the original poll results and restarting again for a 48 hour poll has kind of taken the joy and good vibes out of it a bit for me. I was so excited when I thought I won though! Now I feel silly for being excited. In the end its just for fun anyway, right? Thank you for your support! I worked really hard on this grow to bring out the colors and I a really proud of what I was able to do. :v:

3 Likes

Ah they are just trying to figure out the poll. Some glitch’s last month too, but the rightful winner @MAXHeadRoom ultimately won. Your bud is absolutely beautiful. I’m hoping my blueberry shows some color given she is growing in the cold. She’s slow to turn though…and I thought autos were fast to grow.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what they are doing in the BOM but I just went and voted for you again. @Blazin_Skywalker looks like you are in the lead for now. Good Luck, that was a beautiful bud.

1 Like

For this grow I kept a solid 10 degree day/night temp change and I was REALLY blown away by the colors! Growing in my master bedroom with my own thermostat got me spoiled though… I’m in the process of moving my grow room to the basement, so now I’ll have to learn how to control a whole different environment. I have a feeling I’ll be running up and down a lot of stairs in my future :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is the first time I actually felt like a real contender, so I was probably more excited than I should have been. :upside_down_face:

@MAXHeadRoom so what are you looking for in trich’s formation with the type of high you are looking for?

2 Likes

So here is what I am seeing. A lot of clear with some milky and very few amber. Watch until they are mostly milky with some amber. This should give you the high you are seeking. You also have to remember that they will degrade slightly after harvest, but not to much.

You have a very good covering of the trichomes. Good job. I would be proud if that where my plant

3 Likes

Thanx Max. Also found.

be1ebf03c649f8dc651cd136749be85b865adc1c_1_435x499 https://ilgmforum.com/uploads/short-url/r7SAKnzwTehyLuW6LEyAoEmR8y8.jpg

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all the help! I think my issue is that I doubt my eyes… Hopefully I’ll develop more confidence over time. I think what also toyed with my head was the time in flower. Today marks 111 days from seed.

3 Likes

How long have you been in flower. What was the date when you saw the first pistils. And what strain

I feel like I am just bad at telling the difference :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

There are other clues to tell when your plant is ready or nearly ready.

Passing of time. When I first see pistils I mark this date on the calendar. Then I will look up the average flowering time for that strain. Then I will count out the days on the calendar and mark this date. Most of the time iyour harvest will be near that date plus or minus a week. This date will also help you determine when to flush.

Look at your pistils. If they are mostly white then there not ready. Also check the lower pistils too.

Yellowing of plant. If your plant is all green with no yellowing of the lower fan leaves then its not ready. When you flush 2 weeks before harvest, then the plant will start to use the stored nutrients and sugars in your leaves and they will start to yellow.

And finally the trichomes. Just follow the chart posted above

2 Likes

I’m so bad, I went to go check my pictures to see when she started flowering and I ended up distracted :pensive:

I need to do a better job of keeping a grow diary. I have everything for my next grow all set up so each plant has its own notepad.

I have hardly any (if any) white pistils, definitely yellowing and today I noticed a change in trichomes.

5 Likes

I think you’re ready.

4 Likes