Trichome evaluation

Hi all,

First time grower here. I have a plant that is near end of flowering stage. I have been checking the trichomes for amber however I ran I to an issue during the spot check…

The sugar leaves is showing lots of Amber heads (40-50%) while the actual buds itself is showing a few dots of amber… most trichrome is now either milky or cloudy.

So my question is am I supposed to use both sugar leaves and buds to determine when to chop? Or maybe just one (buds)?

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Got any pics??

And go buy the buds. Sugar leaf trichomes develop a couple weeks ahead.

6 Likes

Thanks dude, that’s what I thought so I’ll judge bt buds trichs rather than the leaves.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely go by the buds, and congratulations on having the patience to see it through. I harvested too early when I was a new grower, and so do lots of others. Your prize will be worth your patience!

4 Likes

Thanks Cap! I really hope so. Trust me everytime I look at it I’m tempted also. Glad I got folks here to assist me and bounce things off to.

1 Like

Best I can do with a cheapo $20 scope

7 Likes

Seeing a looooot of cloudy, tiny bit of Amber, basically no clear. Can you load any individual bud shots?

U mean like this?

6 Likes

That’s a nice looking bud! Still has some white hairs so I would give her a couple of weeks. She’ll fatten up. You won’t be disappointed. Again, very nice looking bud!

3 Likes

Nice buds another week at least

2 Likes

Nice how long in flower is she. Looks super good. Once u get to the 6 week flower area time prolly start cutting them nutes back and avoid the foxtails and stuff. Looks super nice tho good job I’d say between 2 and 3 weeks left on her

1 Like

She’s about 7 weeks. Thanks for the compliment!

1 Like

7 weeks total or in flower if total u have a bit left still. Looks gr8 tho. I’m gonna keep following along I love watching others grows and pics good luck

1 Like

Flower, sorry I wasn’t specific. I vegged for about 5-6 weeks.

2 Likes