Trichome evaluation help

Snap_001
Snap_002
Snap_003

Out of focus yet I see Clear, Cloudy and Amber. My favorite.
When I see what you posted in the pics, I check multiple places on the plant, high, low and in the middle.
A pic of the entire plant is more helpful than an isolated bud, to decide on harvest. But planning for it, time would be good.

1 Like

~10% amber. I don’t see any clear. For me she would be done.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. There are 7 plants total. This is from a bud near the top. It seems as though not only are some plants more mature than others, but some the buds nearest the top on individual plants are more mature than others. Also just caught a fungus gnat infestation, early on I hope. I thought it was nutes or PH but those looked good. So after wasting 6 hours…I was checking the drainage on the plants for the PH and noticed little flying bugs. Once I recovered from my panic attack i bought some diatomaceous earth which i am getting ready to dust with.
Tent11|666x500

I know you’ve beam here a minute. Any advice on partial harvesting? How to leave some to cook a little longer?

See now that I can see the entire plant , I have more questions and say you still have some time left. The timing between plants is normal, just like humans some mature faster and some not at all.
Autos/Photos?, how long in flower? Lighting, Temps etc.
Overall looks great, you should look at another 10 bud sites throughout, I’m fairly certain they will tell you a different story than the one isolated.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve matured
to about the thirteenth age level

7 Likes

Partial harvests are common. You can literally do it just about anyway you think. Since at most you would be buying another 2 weeks for the lower buds. No time for adverse effects really.

It’s actually common practice for unexpected early frost in outdoor grows to do exactly that. Take all the top/more mature buds and hope the rest survive the frost and mature. This way it’s not a total loss. Not everyone can carry tarps to their plants.

3 Likes

These are ILGM Blue Dream photos. Flowered on 7/20. Temps in the mid 70s with RH in the high 60s. Lighting via Next Mega 1000W LED with Samsung diodes. Will sample some more sites and will probs
partial harvest. Not in a huge rush. They’ve been cooking since April, 24 to 48 hours more shouldn’t hurt em. Really appreciate ya’ll long timers helping out a noob. As far as maturity goes, don’t listen to my ex.

1 Like

That puts you at roughly 6 weeks of Flower +/- the veg/flower lag at flip… You def have a few weeks left, have the lower leaves begun to get consumed, canopy looks like a nice sea of green with no yellowing. Definitely look at many bud sights with your scope, top, mid…I usually pass the lower larf if you didn’t prune it back.

1 Like

Snap_005
Snap_008
I was hoping for a couple of weeks more to fatten some of these up .These images are of a plant that appears mature. The pistils are colored and the trichomes appear cloudy. The images look sharp until i upload them. hopefully you can make this out. I seem to have developed a fungus gnat infestation. I have diatomaceous earth but did not want to treat if they are going to be harvested. This last image is from a bud halfway down. i am almost paralyzed at this point. This plant is getting droopy due to lack of water. As oposed to droopy from too much water. lightly dusted with DE sprayed with insecticidal soap. Gonna walk away for a bit. OCD much?
Snap_009

I’ll go against the grain here and say 2 weeks they will be perfect for my liking.

2 Likes

I’m thinking 2-4 weeks. But I would definitely selective harvest the branches that are ready and try and wait on the ones that aren’t.

2 Likes

Don’t let the reflections in the trichome heads fool you turn off the light and look at them in natural light. If it was me by looking at the plants I give it 4 weeks minimum. A couple of amber trichomes this early in flower is normal, most of those look clear and some I can see reflections.

2 Likes

I got through a bad fungus gnat
Infestation. It’s from over watering. DE didn’t work for me. Get those yellow sticky cards, put them at the base of your plants in the dirt and hang some under the lights. Do not water your plants until the soil is dry to the point where you can pick up the pot and it feels light. Then carve out an area of soil around the base of the stem so the water stays there and only water that area letting the water soak into the soil slowly… do not douse the soil with water, try to keep it concentrated around the stem so it can soak in from there only. After you water, pick up the pot so you can feel how heavy it is, then only water when it feels light again, usually after 3-4 days… hope this helps.

2 Likes

Helps so much. I treated with iorganic nsecticidal soap and a light dusting of DE. Waiting for yellow cards to be delivered. Checked this morning and it looked much improved. Thanks and cheers mate:)

It’s way too early but the pistols are turning dark and some amber artichokes. I’m gonna keep an eye on em but giving min 2 more weeks. Thanks for you tesponse!!

Gonna wait at least 2 weeks. They have only been in flower for 6 weeks. Even if they look mature. Thanks for your help!!!

2 Likes

You want those pistils to be dark and receding back into the calyx’s on at least 85% of the buds or more before you even need to start looking at the trichomes. Be patient those buds will fatten up quite a bit more if the light is right and the nutrients are right. I still think you got at least 3 or 4 weeks left to go.