Trichome evaluation help please

Can’t get pictures on plant? Wouldn’t be trimming buds to check trics. Also wouldn’t check just one bud per plant. Sometimes colas and buds mature at different rates.

1 Like

I need to get a better handheld microscope and I have some neuro issues which make steady hands beyond challenging. I’ve set up a jig that I can slide pieces into in order to take these images. This is my first attempt as a proof of concept. Going with non autoflower for my next attempt and hope to really increase yield. I learned a lot of first timer lessons and didn’t murder any, so all in all I’m satisfied. Thanks again for your input and these forums have been so helpful.

2 Likes

Would colas be more mature? these samples are smaller inside buds

It’s hard for anyone to hold steady for tric pictures. My next purchase will be https://www.amazon.com/NexiGo-Lightweight-Extendable-Compatible-Streaming/dp/B08NF4C3R1/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=small+tripod&qid=1619662880&sr=8-4

My phone has enough camera to easily obtain. But the angles required and net and stuff always getting bumped. It’s a pain.

Yes, colas can be ahead of other growth, especially small lower popcorn. Not sure what you mean by inside

Let’s see if we can get some real judgement and help. @Hellraiser @PharmerBob @Myfriendis410 @KeystoneCops @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Assuming this is for you, it depends on what you’re after. I prefer a soporific effect, and I try to get at least 50% amber. But that’s not the only desirable experience.

None of them look especially ripe, but it’s really hard to see. Sorry you’re having issues taking the pictures.

1 Like

i also have issues trying to hold my phone, focus the microscope and keep everything steady. i recently purchased a microphone stand of all things for under $20 on amazon.
it has a sprng clip that works great to hold my microscope and the boom arm is great for reaching into the tent to get pics of buds on the plant (in the tent, sweet).

Amazon.com: Dreokee Tripod Microphone Stand, Heavy Duty Adjustable Collapsible Boom Mic Stands for Performance, Karaoke Singing, Speech, Wedding, Stage: Musical Instruments

Plant 1 you could probably drop. Based on what is pictured i would let the others ride. Check them regularly though.

2 Likes

Have an older Galaxy Note 8. I am not smart enough to activate the OTG which is required for the microscope so I have attached to my PC. I think I will try to hook the microscope to a laptop[. I can probs get that in the tent. looks like I’ve got a few days or so to get this resolved. Can anyone recommend a resource that teaches drying and curing? Very low yields on this grow. will be lucky to average 30g per plant.

Clip samples that you can take inside and photograph. Much easier.

My thoughts as well.

2 Likes

Plant 2 and 3 look like they need a little time…
1 and the Rest look ready to chop.