Trichome Colors at harvest

Concerning the trichomes on my flowers some are still clear and some are fairly cloudy but I cut off one of the short fan leaves close to a bud and the trichomes on it are getting significantly brown. Which trichomes do I base my harvest on?

1 Like

Only look at the trichomes on the buds, not the leaves. The leaves will mature and turn amber much faster than on the callyx.

6 Likes

someone will post the various colors guide soon.

as others said…check the trichomes on the buds. Leaves not so much.

1 Like

5f93c39dd91545466919d4bbf9cc2af56c24d8ce_1_435x500

4 Likes

How.much humidity and temp in veg in day and at night :crescent_moon: and when lights are off. Should I drop 5 degrees below

@hooge01

I hop[e this helps. As far as when, that depends on what you like for a high ?

This one will put you to sleep on the couch it’s call " COUCH LOCK"

trichomes2

This one is what I like just turning amber … because even after you cut them down and hang. They will still change toward amber and get better as the cure go’s on

1 Like

Doc, I didn’t see your post. lol got me again … lmao

1 Like

Lmao No worries. How are ya feeling ? I hope everything is going good for u. @garrigan62

All is good. The shoulder is still sore but other wise i’m good brother Thank You for asking … Are you going to joinin our grow contest ? In the members lounge The Green Room ILGM 2019 grow off

2 Likes

Good to hear. And i was thinking about it. If i can get set back up in time. I just harvested 12 plants. @garrigan62

1 Like

I was cleaning up my grow room and re-doing my soil for this journal i’m doing. I go inside the 3x3 tent where I had 5 gal cloth pot full of dirt. cleaned the tent out and went inside to sweep it out and i’m thinking … dam it smells light pot in here real strong and i’m sweeping and this thing kept hitting my head, so I look up and there was 3 plants hanging there bone try from my last harvest…I couldn’t believe that I left 3 plants but I did.
3 -4 months hanging there All I could say was WHOOOHOOOO

4 Likes

Put it in a jar with a piece of corn tortilla, it will generously remoisten after a few hours then you can take it out. @garrigan62

i’ll try that Doc. Thank You

1 Like

Works like a charm. If they are too brittle and still need trim it will make them soft again. Will need a few burps until its at the rh point you want it to be. Old school trick i learned a long time ago lol. @garrigan62

2 Likes

I used to add orange peel to ditch weed when more moisture needed, added a nice aroma to otherwise bland herb.

1 Like

Yeah i tried that too. Oranges have alot of moisture and seem to put too much moisture really quickly. As long as you only leave them for about an hour so then take it out your good. I find the tortilla is just right in putting the moisture back into them, the tortilla gets a lil brittle then its time to remove. Whatever floats your boat tho lol both work just preference. @Grum

Never tried Tortilla, good idea

2 Likes

@Dr.DankThumb420

Old School…lmao Then your this age… lmfao

1 Like

So if I harvest at “cloudy” they will cure at cloudy …?