Trichome Color Time Frame

I have some WW autos that have had all milky trichomes for over 2 weeks now with no Amber colored one’s. The bud’s are big and dense and the leaves are changing color. Do all plants trichomes change to Amber? How long does it usually take for a plant to go from full cloudy to 10-20% Amber ones? Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Yes they all turn amber eventually …if you wanna help speed it up some use ice catch some spike the stalk some do a 48 hour dark period…m can u post a pic to better help you…m are you flushing it atleast reduced feeding?

2 Likes

And we isn’t a really long flower strain it should tighten up for u real soon… what week are you in of flower?

1 Like

Not all trichomes amber. Especially if they’re very sativa dominant.

Usually takes about a couple weeks sometimes less, sometimes more for them to change to cloudy. Every plant is different and makes its own schedule. I was giving an “about average”.

3 Likes

I had a jack herer auto that just froze in time. On day 136 I said enough already. Down she came.
I have grown 10 WWA the average days to harvest is 98
A photo of the whole plant would help

3 Likes

I’ve been flushing her for 2 weeks now and haven’t been feeding her anything. I am using a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. Being an Auto Flower I’m not exactually sure when you start counting days but It’s been about 85 day’s since they came through the soil.

Sound like I might just need to wait a few more week’s! Thanks

I start counting days once they are viable. Basically if they have cotyledon and I can see the second set of leaves it is day 1. After that it is up to me if they survive beyond that. For autos I starting counting flower days when I first see pistils. For photos when I change to 12 hr lights. Then I note when I see pistils, this may be 6 to 9 days later, usually.
Nice looking WWA. Strong main colas. You can tell by all of yellowing leaves she is hungry and consuming her reserve stores. I would get in one or two more flower feeds. I can’t tell for sure but it looks like there are still a lot of white pistils.
This the most recent WWA I grew on day 87. Normal die back on bottom leaves and notice upper leaves in the flower. Still most green.

This is it on day 100. Harvest day

She didn’t grow in a tent and collected some dust. She got a nice peroxide bath.

4 Likes

beardless, wow nice. You didn’t tent; did you use sunlight?

I will often grow a single auto in a scrog in an unused upstairs bathroom. The WWA was small enough I used a tomato cage but this is where I grew it. This picture is of my current SOG with 12 clones.
I use it as a bonus space so I like to try different things. After the SOG is done I am going to put an Autopot XL in the frame and give coco a try.

3 Likes

@beardless Do the lower leaves normally die just prior to harvest?

Yea that’s only 12 weeks that’s not overly long amount of time that’s still pretty average

1 Like