Trichome check, last time…maybe?

Ya about 5-10 percent on indicas and 20-30 or so on sativas

1 Like

When I look at my Trichomes, I am starting to see some amber on the top of the leaf. On the bottom though the Trichs are still mostly white. Am I over thinking this? Should I just pay attention to the top leaf surface?

Thanks!

Focus on the bud structure for trichomes, not the leaf. Welcome back, by the way.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks!

Thats correct, the leaves will mature faster than the flower which is what you want

1 Like

I’d be harvesting yesterday :v:

4 Likes

Agreed, she ready.

3 Likes

Ya the sativas are more uplifting and energetic to begin with and usually take a little longer to flower so i let them go a little longer before i chop but thats just me. I dont know any body else that does for sure im just weird like that.

I wish I had a microscope that pictured tricomes so clearly. Anyone have a suggestion for a Decent handheld microscope within a poor folk budget?

I’m using this one.

1 Like

@beachglass

Thanks for those diagrams! Saving those for sure!

1 Like

@Medicineman33 I also let them go a little longer.

I will be getting me one of those microscopes.

I grew purple haze from ILGM last year

Picture is day before cutting which was 84 days from flip

Bud trichomes just starting to turn

ILGM says flowers for 9 weeks. To this add transition period - around 2 weeks. Puts you somewhere around 11 weeks from flip. Usually have to add another week to breeders time period - puts it at 12 weeks. Coincidently, this is 84 days from flip

1 Like

Does it really help to let it sit in the dark for 24 hours?

Can’t say I’ve noticed. I just harvest right before lights on.

2 Likes

I just like to killem in their sleep…lol

3 Likes

@Graysin
@dbrn32
So it shall be…a merciful killing/sacrifice shall commence just before the sun rise tomorrow

Thanks all and happy smokin to alll!!!

4 Likes

Helluva motto right there

2 Likes