Trichome assessment- how does it measure up

Trichome assessment please ? This is my first grow . How does it measure up and how far away from harvest am I?

3 Likes

Not ready, getting close. To me the buds look a little light and fluffy yet and trichomes on the bud, not the leaves look clear-cloudy. Pistils still have white in pic also.

2 Likes

How much more time do you guess is left fast-grow? Im just a little worried - first time- slightly panicking even. I can’t really show anyone or ask em know what I mean

1 Like

What strain is that and when did you start it on flowering?

You know what I got the two clones from my buddy and he didn’t even know what they were- I think it’s either northern lights or sour d. And started flowering I think 9 weeks ago. Again, this is our first time so I’m a complete novice here.

@Hotbox112 in the second close up I can still see a good number of glassy looking trichromes. The third looks mostly milky. I tend to start my 5-7 day flush out process when have a few amber showing in that last photo.

1 Like

Well there is no need for you to panic or worry what you got growing is looking very good. As far as a time frame goes, If most of the plant looks like what is shown in the third close up pic I would say 2 weeks or so. But if Most of the plant looks like the 2nd close up pic it will be longer.

1 Like

Another thing I see is your plant is still very green. Might be the strain but usually (there are exceptions) your plant will start yellowing as it gets close to finish.
Feel the buds, do they feel dense and heavy?
How long has it been flowering?
What effect are you going for, energetic buzz or couch lock stone?
From the pics I see at least 2 weeks but you are the one who must decide what you want.

Been flowering about 9 weeks. They don’t really feel extremely dense, no- they are heavy but not like I would expect if they were to be done. I would rather have energetic buzz than couch lock. I wish I knew what the strain was . Do you have any idea based on how it looks?

@ItsPat hey can you give me a quick run down on the flush you’re referring to? Thanks

@Hotbox112 sure I run in DWC so you might need to adjust. Over 3 days I will drain half the water volume and replace with fresh water + florakleen till between 200-300ppm then the final 2-3 days I just run fresh water starting at 5ppm. I keep changing the water if it gets over 200ppm till chop.

What do you think about how it looks now? You mentioned green before, still too green?.. Also it seems as though there is now dead all over it… What about that? Is that normal? What do u I do about that/with that?

Like I said in my post earlier some don’t yellow. Plant looks good and might be ready, Did you flush? How do the Trichomes look up close? If the leaves are dying off it is getting ready to harvest.