Trichome Analysis

These appear clear to milkyish to my eyes.but probably still to clearish maybe?. What say you all (other than two more weeks :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)?

This lady is a CBD Kush autoflower in week 7 of floweringā€¦

2 Likes

6 more weeks.
Jk, it looks good! Iā€™m not sure how CBD bud worksā€¦ If itā€™s cloudy is that CBD?

2 Likes

You do have some time left. Hereā€™s how I evaluate trichs:

1. Clear trichs look like glass
  2. Cloudy trichs look like plastic
  3. Amber trichs lookā€¦ well amber
3 Likes

Thanks thatā€™s helpful and easy enought that I might actually remember it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure (99.99%). That cbd shouldnā€™t be allowed to amber much at all. When mostly Cloudy or all Cloudy harvest. Since with cbd you donā€™t want any cbn necessarily. Not that Iā€™ve done the research to even know what cbd degrades to. Technically when trics amber the thc is degrading to cbnā€¦ when talking about cbd I donā€™t think you would want any degradation. Unlike thc plants where consumers want the ā€œcouch lockā€ provided from cbn. Which is only acquired by letting the thc degrade to cbn. Technically any amber is a less potent product when speaking strictly in terms of cbd and thc. Any amount of amber means you have lost some thc or cbd. Also there is a benefit with the thc, since it degrades to cbn. For all I know cbd does too. But cbd users arenā€™t trying to get ā€œhighā€.

Based off the pictures, if I was growing cbd. Iā€™d be harvesting today. Looks perfect.

But. Again. Never grown cbd.

1 Like

Yes. Mostly Cloudy is most thc and most cbd. Amber brings in cbn. Which in my experience isnā€™t present in cbd products. So one would assume cbd should be harvested once mostly Cloudy. Before amber.

Edit. Op plant is appearing clear, but if you donā€™t account for aging during drying/cure. You have been just guessing this whole time and are wrong about your final product.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this. I even did a small experiment and it showed trichomes do continue to develop after chop

1 Like

@Budz - thanks. Iā€™ve always understood cloudy/milky is the time to chop. How much more trich development is expected as itā€™s drying/curing?

1 Like

See what @Budz says, but in my experiment it seemed to have stopped after 5 days, but I did not test past that.

Two weeks. At least. As they all say anyway. Once you have a solid 62% it slows.

2 Likes

Oh and you can always get more amber after harvest. With UVā€¦ itā€™s common knowledge that light degrades thc. But thatā€™s a horribly loose statement. The truth is, UV light degrades THC to CBN. For many, this would be a good thing. So everyone stop worrying about your dry area being dark. Lol.
Unless you want your bud to be speedy, the degrading of thc is what you actually wantā€¦ one of the few things I learned where common wrong knowledgeā€¦

Drying and curing is super simple. The community makes it seem hard for no reason.

It still has a long way to go at least a few weeks to go

@MrPeat @Fergus I believe do alot of CBD so they would be ones to ask on the trics. As far as I know of u harvest a CBD plant the same as u do a canna plant Amber usually does mean degraded trics but some degraded to get more matured might be the way to go. Take some at different times and see whatā€™s best for u and what u want. Take a branch a week til u say okay it all has to come down now. Then when u find the best high u want uā€™ll know what to look for in the tricomes. Good luck

1 Like

Well said

1 Like

Well out of likes or Iā€™d like this. Need to get on a like schedule lol. Run out before bed so they r recouped by morning lol.

1 Like

This is a topic of opinion. There is never a correct answer

1 Like

This is a great ideaā€¦ :pray:!

I treat CBD strains like I do with any other strain. Know what you like and go for it.