Trellis - Could Use Advice On Having One

Hi,

I have never grown with a trellis and really want one. Its area would be approximately 5.5 feet x 3 feet.

I have no idea what I am doing and welcome advice on how to build (or buy?) a trellis with my needed dimensions.

Thanks in advance!

Cannabis is generally shaped as a bush (outdoor grows) or like a Christmas tree (indoor, untrained plants.) I’m not sure how one might limit growth such that it grows on a trellis. Are you asking about a SCROG net? Do you have pics of the idea?

Plant size is highly dependent on the environment you give the plant.

1 Like

Was wondering the same thing.

2 Likes

Did I use the wrong word? I am referring to the netting I often see in pics of other’s grow environments.

Okay. It’s usually called a SCROG (SCReenOfGreen.)

This should be helpful:

6 Likes

Cool, thanks!

2 Likes

search this site for scrog / scrogging / scrog frame
one that comes to mind
https://ilgmforum.com/t/low-s-grow/65925/5348

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing :pray:

3 Likes

Just now able to return to this.

I have seen so many pics of grows where a screen is used. Having read the tutorial (thanks!), this is not the specific application I am looking for.

Measured from the surface of the soil, the ideal height of my plants is 4-4.5 feet.

From the tutorial:
“Next, cut a screen to fit the area of your grow room (or tent) and hang it, so it’s about 15 inches above your marijuana plants.”

And:

“Only do this if you have between 20 and 25 more inches of space above that, since that is where the lamp will need to hang when your plants are as tall as the screen.”

Which is way too short for my application.

At about a 4-4.5 feet plant height, what would be the optimum height of netting?

In the tutorial, it seemed to me the screen was attached to walls of the tent. In my case, the walls of my room are too far away. I would have to drum up some other way of attaching the screen (poles running from the floor to the ceiling, perhaps?).

If anyone has any ideas as to how to attach a screen and what its optimum height for my application is, I’d sure appreciate it!

You can put the screen/net at any height you’d like. When i put mine in i just put directly on the shortest plant i have and just weave as it grows. The taller ones get weaved more and supercropped to fit if needed.
As for how to use in your specific scenario. It seems like you are growing in the middle of a room so you have no walls/ Tent post. Build a square like one in pic above or out of pvc and add legs to make it feeestanding. I think @dbrn32 has one he made out if pvc pipe. Im sure he will post a pic of it (hes good like that)

1 Like

Awesome, man, you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks!

Im waay late to this thread. Lol
Happy cake day @o2b

I am growing gods gift. This is also my first time with a net.let me know what you think.

2 Likes